Need Help To Install Gmc Chat On My Computer
shredmandan
Jul 23 2007, 05:18 PM
GMC:er
Hello
I keep trying to install gmc chat and it keeps saying it wont let me because its an unknown publisher.I'm using windows Vista sad.gif .It has been the worst windows i have ever used because you cant do anything without it saying no or security warning.I dont know what the point is of having the internet with vista because it doesnt want to let you do anything.Anyone help me get the chat downloaded i would apperciate it.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
AIB234
Jul 23 2007, 06:10 PM
You do not need to download the chat.

You may however need to update your Java client.

Also, IE or Vista may simply be blocking the chat from opening which sounds most likely.

If it's IE, you'll see a bar appear below your address bar (or tabs if you have them) telling you that it has been blocked.

If it's Vista, I'm of no help to you. I'm avoiding it for as long as I can! Though, come September I think I may need to install it for school so I can start learning it and working with it -.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 25 2007, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 23 2007, 01:10 PM) *
You do not need to download the chat.

You may however need to update your Java client.

Also, IE or Vista may simply be blocking the chat from opening which sounds most likely.

If it's IE, you'll see a bar appear below your address bar (or tabs if you have them) telling you that it has been blocked.

If it's Vista, I'm of no help to you. I'm avoiding it for as long as I can! Though, come September I think I may need to install it for school so I can start learning it and working with it -.-

Thanks for your reply.Yes vista is the worst program i have ever used.

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 06:24 PM
GMC Founder
I am sorry to hear about this...

I had to unistall vista because nothing worked with it - a horrible expereience! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 25 2007, 07:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
Although currently unemployed (doh), i have been an IT engineer for many years and i always recommend wait in at LEAST a year for operating systems to mature. XP is very stable now and has matured well - like old cheese ohmy.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 07:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 25 2007, 02:09 PM) *
Although currently unemployed (doh), i have been an IT engineer for many years and i always recommend wait in at LEAST a year for operating systems to mature. XP is very stable now and has matured well - like old cheese ohmy.gif

Well XP smells like old cheese, but yes, it is stabe and averything works, Vista needs another 6 months I'd say ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 25 2007, 10:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
I happen to be a fan of old cheese laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 25 2007, 05:48 PM) *
I happen to be a fan of old cheese laugh.gif

Actually me too - its hard to get a really mature unpasteurized cheddar in the USA, but I have found a cheese shop that sells it smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2007, 11:05 PM
GMC Founder
After nearly killing myself with vista - I realised that everything works in XP, why change it - ever?

Why should one use vista??

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 25 2007, 11:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
Andrew, im a fan of Stilton myself,mmmmmm blink.gif

Kris, i cant see any reason to use it! Microsoft Operating Systems are alway the best at the end of there life cycle, a bit like, well , cheese ! ph34r.gif

Maybe i could suggest a new marketing strategy to Microsoft. "Our Operating systems are like a good cheese that matures with age"

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jul 25 2007, 11:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 25 2007, 11:28 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 25 2007, 06:12 PM) *
Andrew, im a fan of Stilton myself,mmmmmm blink.gif

Stilton, yes!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 26 2007, 12:59 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Vista sux in a very bad way at the moment - slower, more flaky and much more likely to crash or just not even be able to run with XP compatible hardware and drivers. Until there is a much better stable version I'm on XP (god but I said the same with Windows NT4/2000 yadda yadda yadda.) I'll stay with XP until RME do a vista driver - they seem very good at knowing when the platform is ok - and it's the only PCI card I care about.

BTW apologies Kris - just got your 'welcome tony' to the on line chat this evening when my pc crashed - hot in Spain today @ 40-50 degrees and no air con in my room, arggh it is v hot in here blink.gif , not good.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 26 2007, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 25 2007, 06:05 PM) *
After nearly killing myself with vista - I realised that everything works in XP, why change it - ever?

Why should one use vista??

My computer came with Vista when i bought it new 5 months ago.They say that this will be the standard windows system in time and you will have to have it to run many programs online.Basically microsofts way of making more money and making other programs they put out obsolute every year or 2.I would rather use windows 98 over the vista tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:45 AM