Picked Up My Second Esp In A Month - Awesome Guitars!
yell03
Mar 4 2007, 12:26 AM
GMC:er
Less than a month ago I bought a ESP LTD Viper 400 with the active EMG 85/81 set-up.

The neck is smooth and fast, it is a joy to play and it sounds, well you know how EMGs sound smile.gif

I received a postcard from Sam Ash for 20% off any purchase of $499 or more for today only from 9-5.

So last night I went and played a few guitars and fell in love with the ESP LTD EC-400 in Sunburst.
It has the active EMG 60/81 set-up. I put a $100 deposit on it so they would hold it until today, luckily I did as the only other one ( a black one) sold immediately.

This guitar plays as well or better than the Viper and gets pinch harmonics (squeals) better for sure.

Luckily it fit well in my spare SKB case, so I did not need to buy another case.

What a great deal, $449 for the guitar, $35 for the maintenance & warranty plan (4 set-ups a year and warranty wotrk through them), and since I needed another $15 to get the 20% I bought a suede strap.
With the 20% off I was out the door for $428. after 7% tax.

I bought the strap to help me with the Top Heavy Viper, but guess what....

This strap has made me 100% better in a few hours.

I've never been able to play standing up with my nylon straps, so I always played sitting down.
Let me tell you this, I just got done jamming for over 2 hours standing up with this GREAT strap, I used it with my Les Paul, Strat, EC-400, and even my Viper and it felt great. smile.gif

So far I am content with my little Marshall MGCDR 15w amp, it sounds pretty nice with my Digitech Death Metal Pedal.
I think any more power during practice and my hearing might suffer. wink.gif

I am one happy guy today, ESP is officially my favorite brand of guitar cool.gif

Howard

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by yell03: Mar 4 2007, 12:28 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars
Carvin DC127
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Ibanez Prestige RGA121

Amplifiers
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Genz Benz -flex 2x12 cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:31 AM