Need Some Advice
vampire14
Jan 10 2009, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
i have a little freindly competition in 2 weeks in my music scool(not realy a school jsut a place where a lot if peopel come and learn music. like having a private guitar teacher where a lot of peopel have them)
and i want a solo to learn from here.
i dont know how to describe my guitar playing lvl other than i can play canon rock at a 150bpm but not very clean.

i want something that isnt complicated so i can do it on stage because as im sure we all felt getting on stage when your not used to it drops your skills lol. but stilll looks and sound good.

i know thats a lot to ask from my lvl of playing but thats why im seeking help.

any ideas for a solo lesson to learn would be nice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2009, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Here are some suggestions mate:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/phrygi...g-intermediate/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/in-the...llad-and-blues/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 10 2009, 09:04 PM
I wanted to advise the Gary Moore one too cool.gif You'll surely play it decently and it's a great and catchy track to perform...

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
vampire14
Jan 10 2009, 09:42 PM
the gary moore is and amazing solo. but not realy my style. i like more metalic things.

i found two lessons by Marcus Lavendell

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...evels-beginner/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ssical-etude-1/

one he says is easy and the other he says is easier than in looks.

what do you think? maybe i could mix and match them?

btw
berko "high speed, low drag" is from red alert right? what was it? i forgot

This post has been edited by vampire14: Jan 10 2009, 09:44 PM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 10 2009, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Ivan's suggestions are great,
I'm sure the instructors mentioned will be happy to share their backing tracks with you too.. :-)
If there is any in my catalog that you would like to use, let me know and I will provide the backing too. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
vampire14
Jan 10 2009, 09:54 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 10 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Ivan's suggestions are great,
I'm sure the instructors mentioned will be happy to share their backing tracks with you too.. :-)
If there is any in my catalog that you would like to use, let me know and I will provide the backing too. :-)

ill check if we can use backing tracks.. if we can that weill be great.
it will be a nice advantage over the other people who will probably play song everyone knows.
thogh theyll probably put me where the begginers are because i started learning there only a month ago and ill compete agains people playing "house of the rising sun"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2009, 11:21 PM
Instructor
David is right, instructors should give you the backing you need, so I think this will definitely look good when you play it in front of those people. wink.gif

PS Good luck, and tell us how it went! Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 11 2009, 12:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (vampire14 @ Jan 10 2009, 09:54 PM) *
ill check if we can use backing tracks.. if we can that weill be great.
it will be a nice advantage over the other people who will probably play song everyone knows.
thogh theyll probably put me where the begginers are because i started learning there only a month ago and ill compete agains people playing "house of the rising sun"

Just ask the instructor whose lesson you are going for , in his private board or by sending a Private message...I'm sure you will get a backing track you need for your competition...Playing a GMC lesson will have a lot of advantages...These lessons are not just solos, they are constructed with great care in such way to highlight some techniques or mix different ones and/or cover certain theory topics..So you would really leave a good impression playing one! smile.gif

Good luck with the contest!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 11 2009, 12:51 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 11 2009, 08:59 PM
Instructor
I agree with david if you want any backing just send a PM or posted in the forum and I'll be glad you upload it for you biggrin.gif
Good luck in the competition!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 PM