Boss Mirco Br Recorder
zoom
Feb 17 2008, 01:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi I'm looking into purchasing some sort of recording syste sad.gif m and I've seen these little mirco Boss recorders has any one brought one and what do you think of them? Are they just a gimick or are they decent to use?
Just thought I'd ask another question while I'm here. I pretty much know zero about recording what do you think would be better. Things I've seen around are like this boss mirco which would cost around $250 or an 8 track for $500 or line 6 guitar port $140 sad.gif sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 17 2008, 01:21 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
What do you want to record, live sessions or are you looking for a portable micro studio?

* Micro live session recording
Zoom H2
Here's a noodle example my band did Attached File  Mr_C.mp3 ( 2.01MB ) Number of downloads: 196
- we played quite loud but there's no hiss or anything. Great stuff if you don't need studio quality.
You have to find the best location on the room and which recording setting works better.

* Micro Portable studio
Zoom H4
Boss Micro BR digital recorder

If you want to use it for both you have to go for a portable studio but the recording quality will be a little less

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 17 2008, 03:46 PM
Instructor
What exactly do you need to record, band, yourself, you and the singer, and how do you want to do it?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 18 2008, 02:07 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you need something for the road its boss recorders and what mickem suggested..But if you need it for home use (recording one/two instruments at a time) Guitar port or Tone port from line6 will be ideal! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 18 2008, 02:08 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 18 2008, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I guess at this stage I'm after something for me that I can record ideas and practice with more than recording an album. So I can play back and see how much I'm improving or make a backing track to play over. I guess also at this stage I don't want somthing that takes alot of mucking around with.

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 18 2008, 11:37 AM
Learning Roadie
MickeM thanks for that! I'd assume that was recorded with the on board mic. That would be ok for me I think. Is it easy to operate?
By the way thanks for your replies guys. Ivan I love your blues lessons too!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 18 2008, 11:52 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (zoom @ Feb 18 2008, 11:37 AM) *
MickeM thanks for that! I'd assume that was recorded with the on board mic. That would be ok for me I think. Is it easy to operate?

It was recorded with the onboard mikes, the H2 is a recorder only with three mikes in it.

Maybe for you the Zoom H4 or the Boss micro BR is better since they can both record live and work as portable studio.
I never used one of those.
To record with the H2 though it's just pressing one button or auto start that goes off when the sound starts.

To sum it up.
H2 makes a great recorder for live sessions
H4 and Boss micro has more in the box with the portable studio unit

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2008, 01:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Feb 18 2008, 11:28 AM) *
I guess at this stage I'm after something for me that I can record ideas and practice with more than recording an album. So I can play back and see how much I'm improving or make a backing track to play over. I guess also at this stage I don't want somthing that takes alot of mucking around with.

QUOTE (zoom @ Feb 18 2008, 11:37 AM) *

Well, seems to me you need a recording interface. Have you considered a Line6 Toneport? smile.gif

Thanks for the blues lessons man. One more coming up soon smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 19 2008, 12:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 18 2008, 01:05 PM) *
Well, seems to me you need a recording interface. Have you considered a Line6 Toneport? smile.gif

Thanks for the blues lessons man. One more coming up soon smile.gif

Line6 toneport look good and quite cheep are they easy to use? Or do you need to set up lots of parameters etc?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:46 PM