6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
World Of Warcraft Players..
TreyDeschamp
Jul 17 2008, 04:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I used to play it until my computer wouldnt download the new patch for it.
It's way to time consuming though. I noticed I would wake up at 5:30 in the morning on a school day.....play until 7:30, go to school and bring my laptop with me, play ater school, go home, play until 12:00 and then repeat this althrough the weekdays.......just imagine my weekends.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jul 17 2008, 04:21 PM
GMC:er
Im another one of the guild-wars guys.
i tried out WoW for 2 months, but returned to guildwars again smile.gif
You can't really compare those two games, since they have two different qualities. WoW is the more about leveling up and traveling, while GW is more about tactics and teamplay,and just as much based on the PVP part as the PVE smile.gif Most of the really pro GW players only play PVP.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Kapto
Jul 17 2008, 04:46 PM
Me too sad.gif for 3 years Still have 2 months paid but I haven't played for a while in hope to get my hands on the guitar. I thought if I'd practice guitar as many hours as I played WOW I would be a legend by now. I leveled up 4 70's characters. I played raids and tons and tons of battlegrounds. Hopefully I am retired now.
My nickname here comes from a Chaman Tauren character wink.gif

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
timono
Jul 17 2008, 05:13 PM
i've played wow for 10 months didn't play that much, had a 70 tauren druid (got boring) had a 70 undead mage (with epic flying mount) 40 undead rogue a 35 bloodelf warlock, and the rest of the classes between 10 and 20 laugh.gif

but it started to bore me, so i quit playing and bought an xbox 360 tongue.gif it's a lot more fun to do

never got addicted to anything but my guitar tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 17 2008, 06:41 PM
I remember when I was 6 months into the game, I checked to see how long I had actually played the game in those 6 months. I had a play time of about 60 days, and in 6 months, there are about 180 days. So that means WoW was taking up ONE THIRD of my life. And of course sleep/eating/using the bathroom/driving takes up another one third. School takes up about 1/4. So that means 1/12 of my "active life" was doing something else besides WoW. It was like that for about 4 years.

So I can truely say that guitar and music saved my life, although now (it has been a year since I quit WoW), I am more interested in other things besides guitar and music, but I am glad it was there to save me.

Unfortunately, I have a new addiction. Browsing the internet/forums. I COULD practice guitar, or I COULD practice foreign languages that I am interested in, I have tons of resources for both, but it is just so much easier and addicting to just browse forums.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jul 17 2008, 06:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
hypocrite
Jul 17 2008, 06:59 PM
i'm have an lvl 70 Human Warlock. Months ago i've played nearly the whole day wow but now it's very boring. Always same staff, leveling up a new charakter makes not as much fun as with the first one. And for raiding i just don't have the time. Now i have my xbox and i'm playing Lost Odyssey (GREAT game wink.gif ) and of cource practicing guitar xD

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 17 2008, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jul 17 2008, 04:26 PM) *
Former Runescape/World of Warcraft game addict of 4 years right here. Take my advice, either don't play at all, and if you do, DON'T EVER GET INTO THE RAIDING SCENE, just play for fun.

Haha, I was with one of my friends yesterday, and I asked him if he could come visiting me today too. He told me that he would, but he'd be busy from 7'o clock because he had planned a raid then tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
Jul 17 2008, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (timono @ Jul 17 2008, 06:13 PM) *
i've played wow for 10 months didn't play that much, had a 70 tauren druid (got boring) had a 70 undead mage (with epic flying mount) 40 undead rogue a 35 bloodelf warlock, and the rest of the classes between 10 and 20 laugh.gif

but it started to bore me, so i quit playing and bought an xbox 360 tongue.gif it's a lot more fun to do

never got addicted to anything but my guitar tongue.gif

Well if you managed to get 2 level 70s, one with epic flying mount + level 40 and level 35 in 10 months, it sounds like 10 addicted months tongue.gif?

I played for 2 years until christmas this year, but I mostley played on and off in those two years. What made me quit was when I joined a serious rading guild, and I found out that they dindt do ANYTHING but play WoW and they expected me to be aviable 24 hours a day as most of them dindt have any jobs or any friends in real life. That scared the heck out of me and I stopped playing around December, and then finally ending my subscription after havent been playing for months this may.

So really, WoW is fun, but play it in moderation, becuz I saw how some people end up getting controled by the game, and it becomes their "real life"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 17 2008, 08:28 PM
Wow was probably the best thing that happend to me. smile.gif

It got me $600 from selling my 2 accounts, and allowed me to buy my first guitar. smile.gif

It was seriously a fun game. But I remember my brother coming into my room one day and saying how if I keep playing this I am going to loose all my friends because I always made excuses to Play WoW rather than hang out with them. So I decided to quit. And sell my accounts, smile.gif. To the Chinese.

Another good thing, since I played it so much it kept me away from some of my friends that are now into some bad stuff, they got into some pretty serious drugs. So thanks WoW!! Hah..

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 17 2008, 08:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 17 2008, 09:28 PM) *
Wow was probably the best thing that happend to me. smile.gif

It got me $600 from selling my 2 accounts, and allowed me to buy my first guitar. smile.gif

It was seriously a fun game. But I remember my brother coming into my room one day and saying how if I keep playing this I am going to loose all my friends because I always made excuses to Play WoW rather than hang out with them. So I decided to quit. And sell my accounts, smile.gif . To the Chinese.

Another good thing, since I played it so much it kept me away from some of my friends that are now into some bad stuff, they got into some pretty serious drugs. So thanks WoW!! Hah..

Quite a success there then!

I see some serious gamers here on GMC, or should I say ex-gamers, good to see you all converted! laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 17 2008, 08:51 PM
Ex wow gamer here as well, i wasnt too much into rpg's before wow came, but man that game is addictive, havent played for a year now, but i was really hooked back then smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 17 2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I was really addicted last year to WoW.

I'd get up at 7am on weekends, and play right through until 2:00am the next morning, then repeat.

During weekdays, I'd play from 9:00pm at night through to 3:00am, then go to bed and get up for college.

I never had a social life, I stopped playing guitar for a whole 8 Months!!! 8 Months!!! (Well I only played guitar at college during rehersals or performance but that was only about an hour each day) Because of WoW.

Now, I merely play for about 3 hours a day at the most. While fitting in a good guitar practise and time for friends and the girlfriend.

This post has been edited by vintageplaya666: Jul 17 2008, 09:00 PM

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Jul 17 2008, 09:58 PM
It seems that everybody has once been or is addicted to WoW. This thread is starting to feel like a support group. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 17 2008, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (TwistedSun @ Jul 17 2008, 09:58 PM) *
It seems that everybody has once been or is addicted to WoW. This thread is starting to feel like a support group. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Hehe, I second that tongue.gif

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 17 2008, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (TwistedSun @ Jul 17 2008, 10:58 PM) *

laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 17 2008, 11:15 PM
See, I want to play WoW since I have nothing better to do with my time before school starts. The thing is, I'm always broke, so I can't really support WoW.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 17 2008, 11:15 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 18 2008, 12:03 AM
Looking back, I would say Metallica saved my life, because they were the band that really got me into guitar, and away from WoW.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 18 2008, 12:27 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I used to play a lot but got a little bored of it, I still play from time to time.

A lvl 70 Human Warrior
lvl 70 Night Elf Rogue
lvl 55 Night Elf Druid
lvl 38 Dwarf Priest

following on from Shellshock I`d have to say it was GMC that saved my guitar playing and rescued me from WoW laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 18 2008, 01:13 PM
I used to play WoW and raid a lot, etc. I PvPed aswell, got to rank 13 wich took like 2 months of my life. I don't regret having played though, I think you can learn a lot about humans and how greedy and egoistic some people can be (and how some people aren't) from MMO's, it's like a small version of a real world or society.

Anyways, I don't play it now, mostly because I don't want to waste time with it, it's fun and all, but if I play it I need to be the best, and then I wouldn't be able to give the guitar enough attention. (Or just the fact that my graphics card is broken on my computer) Love the game though, and I actually wouldn't mind wasting an entire life on it, the only thing I don't really like is having all evenings in the week except one or two (and sometimes all) booked up for raids, that was just too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
Jul 18 2008, 03:13 PM
I agree that one thing you really learn about when playing WoW is greed, and how many players wil ldo ANYTHING for gold. It was quite scary really.

But stay out of WoW m'kay? WoW is baad. Raiding is baad.

Lol Southpark rules biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:23 AM