Date/model/build Finder For Ibanez
Todd Simpson
May 28 2013, 07:37 AM
GMC:er
Found this spiffy site that lets you punch in the serial number on your IBANEZ guitar and it will tell you when, and where it was made and something about the facility it was built in. I just found out my RG560 was built in 1991 in Fujijen.

Here is my search result.
Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 24754

HERE IS THE LINK
http://www.guitardaterproject.org/ibanez.aspx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 28 2013, 07:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
May 28 2013, 07:42 AM
My RGA121 Prestige:

Fuji-gen Plant, Japan
Production Number: 10186

I believe the serial number also says year, month, and which number of that guitar they made that month (For example, the 14th guitar of that model made that month or whatever). Could be wrong but I recall someone saying that at one time. Could be different for these guitars considering I heard it about RG's.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 28 2013, 10:45 PM
Cool! Didn't know that. Nice IBBY!!!!!!! Post a pic?

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ May 28 2013, 02:42 AM) *
My RGA121 Prestige:

I believe the serial number also says year, month, and which number of that guitar they made that month (For example, the 14th guitar of that model made that month or whatever). Could be wrong but I recall someone saying that at one time. Could be different for these guitars considering I heard it about RG's.

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
May 29 2013, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Cool! Didn't know that. Nice IBBY!!!!!!! Post a pic?

Sure thing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 29 2013, 02:19 AM
Cool resource. Thanks man!

(Pasted from the site)
Terada Plant, Japan
Production Number: 6286

The Terada Musical Instrument Co., Ltd.
The Terada Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. was established in 1912, at the beginning Terada was making Violins for Toy purposes, after World War II, around 1955 Terada started to make in earnest ‘Strings Instruments’. In the 1970’s they had three plants near Nagoya area and produced more than 10,000 guitars per month for Domestic market and also for Overseas market, but now 1/8 that amount today. The Terada factory is now building hollow and semi-hollow body guitars for Epiphone as well as their own 'Thumb' brand guitars. At one point made Tobias bases prior to Tobias being sold to Gibson.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2013, 03:24 AM
Nice one!! That axe is in darn good shape, especially considering it made it half way around the world many many decades ago. I"d say that's a keeper!!!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 28 2013, 09:19 PM) *
Cool resource. Thanks man!

(Pasted from the site)
Terada Plant, Japan
Production Number: 6286

The Terada Musical Instrument Co., Ltd.
The Terada Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. was established in 1912, at the beginning Terada was making Violins for Toy purposes, after World War II, around 1955 Terada started to make in earnest ‘Strings Instruments’. In the 1970’s they had three plants near Nagoya area and produced more than 10,000 guitars per month for Domestic market and also for Overseas market, but now 1/8 that amount today. The Terada factory is now building hollow and semi-hollow body guitars for Epiphone as well as their own 'Thumb' brand guitars. At one point made Tobias bases prior to Tobias being sold to Gibson.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 29 2013, 04:07 AM
I bought it new in late 1979.
It has a lot of nicks in the top and sides and headstock but they're not that visible due to the sunburst finish.
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 28 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Nice one!! That axe is in darn good shape, especially considering it made it half way around the world many many decades ago. I"d say that's a keeper!!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2013, 04:04 PM
NICE!!!!!!! Look at the top/finish on that thing! That is truly drool worthy. If I had one, when I die, I'd insist on being buried with it!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ May 28 2013, 09:00 PM) *
Sure thing!

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
May 31 2013, 01:22 AM
Thanks Todd - I've already worked out the burial plans. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:05 AM