2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Dl (david Laboga) Cabinet - 2x12" Standard
Darius Wave
Oct 24 2013, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2013, 09:28 AM) *
Is that the TAURAS STOMP AMP? Seem very spiff smile.gif High gain amp in a Stomp box!!! If it's the one I"m thinking of smile.gif Also, is that a condenser mic? Looks like a nice condenser either way smile.gif i LOVE condenser mics on guitar amps. They are so full range that it's hard to go back to a SM57. The only thing that compares is

1.)SM57 at cone
2.)Sennheiser E609 on Conde Edge

Mix those two and BINGO!! IT sounds like a nice Condenser mic smile.gif The 57 gets all the nice MID and the 609 gets all the sparkle/bite. Blended together it's very nice. smile.gif But honestly, a nice condenser can still sound better. The only reason people used to be hesitant on condenser mics is that the older ones did not take as much sound pressure level as a 57, and they were so much more expensive. Now, you can get a good condenser mic pretty cheap and they take plenty of sound pressure level smile.gif Use an MXL990 and have not used my SM57/58/Beta58 ever since.

Here is a pic for demo.

[attachment=34068:blackstar_mic.jpg]

Todd...thanx man! I was afraid there is something wrong with me but for some time I prefer condenser mics because they gave pretty much the same tone You hear live ...under one condition - tone setup is made when speakers play EXACLTY towards your ears. I find this tone more qual in all freq range.
But of course the sennheiser and sm set up You pointesd is probably one of my favourites as well smile.gif

As for the Taurus - YEP it's the Taurus. Awesome and very practical device (also very light weight!). This one is NOT the high gain version - I'm more rock than metal player so I wanted to set the Silver one first. But I'll try to "Steal" the high version for test too smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 24 2013, 10:19 AM) *
Great tone man! I love the 'cling cling' that is heard throughout all the tone combinations you create. It's that warmth and shape of the tone and punch that is truly what I like biggrin.gif Very nice playing and musical statement of the tone!

It sounds really organic..I like that smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Hey D-man - whatsup with the Taurus thing? smile.gif I think that a very important contribution to the tone comes from it as well, right? Never tried it and I was curious to know how much it costs and if it's worth the buck smile.gif Currently trying to sell my old Crate Blue Voodoo 120 and get another head and 2x12 cab..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 25 2013, 10:48 AM
Instructor
I think it's best to go there: http://www.taurus-amp.pl/guitar/stomp-head...ne/sh-4-sl.html for detailed information, specification and more , professional demos.

It just a fully functional guitar head in stomp box case. It's very light weight. But it's not full tube but the tubes are used very wisely - the get more voltage than in most hybrid construction we know so You actually feel the dynamics exactly like on any other tube amp. Also there is a tube on power amp section so You have that pleasant compression while playing at high volume. Also cool thing line out with cab sim for an emergency situations. Has all it's needed - even external switching option if You use any midi controller like FCB1010. You can take Your tone to the plane (no need of borrowing any amps at target gig place)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2013, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Ha! Awesome smile.gif I am thinking that I could use it in the same manner as the AMT - as a preamp I mean and recording home directly in the soundboard. I never heard anybody owning one here unfortunately.. Thanks for the info mate wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:20 PM