Steve Vai
Andy Timmons
Eric Johnson
Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen

and many more!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slash85
Mar 9 2008, 10:50 AM
GMC:er
gday me favs are in order:

1. slash............guns n roses?velvet revolver
2. mick mars.....motley crue
3. angus young......acca dacca

cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/

+Quote Post
inertia
Mar 9 2008, 03:49 PM
Paul Gilbert, Jimmy Page a close a second. I know technically Page isn't anywhere near Gilbert, but he was an amazing player for his time and mastered so many cool styles and sounds.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 9 2008, 04:11 PM
1. Dave Mustaine
2.Frank Zappa
3.Marcus Siepen wink.gif
4.Tony Iommi
5.Marty Friedman

John Petrucci would be on here, but im so sick of his playing that i cant listen to it anymore
there are ALOT of rock, jazz, blues and metal players better than he is, and much better in their respective styles.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 9 2008, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 9 2008, 04:11 PM) *
1. Dave Mustaine
2.Frank Zappa
3.Marcus Siepen wink.gif
4.Tony Iommi
5.Marty Friedman

John Petrucci would be on here, but im so sick of his playing that i cant listen to it anymore
there are ALOT of rock, jazz, blues and metal players better than he is, and much better in their respective styles.

Idk, I used to think that when I first heard him, it takes a lot of Dream Theater listening to truely realize how good he really is. I don't see how one can get "sick" of his playing when it is always different. In an old thread I made, I said the same exact thing, that his style is too predictable, but that was when I had only listen to DT a couple of times. Sure there are jazz and blues players that are better than him in their own style, but you won't find any of them making awesome riffs as well as playing their style, or shredding at near the world record, while John Petrucci can do all three and so much more. Have a listen to "Three Minute Warning," it is a 25:00 or so song by Liquid Tension Experiment that was improvised entirely on the spot, I don't see anyone else even attempting something like that. Also JP has been invited to G3 several times and wiped everybody there clean. As far as metal goes, I've never seen any guitarist that is even on par. It is really all just subjective though, no one is really "better," they are just different. However diversity is a big thing for me.

Marty Friedman is also a favorite because he writes some of my favorite solos as well like "Tornado of Souls," and he is really great at improvising awesome solos.

Check these solos though, they will probably change your opinion of JP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eTrNw31ml4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXOxZissTz8...feature=related

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Mar 9 2008, 07:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 9 2008, 07:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Currently I am very amazed by the work of John Frusciante..He has some brilliant ideas wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:43 AM