2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Left Wrist Injury
Todd Simpson
May 24 2013, 04:42 AM
GMC:er
Wrist rolls are always a good idea for warm up and cool down. Good call! Here is a quick vid of the stretches we do before our sat/sun video chats. Remember, don't stretch to the point of pain.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 22 2013, 06:40 AM) *
Bogdan, can you please post a link with those old recovery exercises I did for GMC a few years ago? That one with the rolling wrists would be perfect for the situation, but I somehow can't find it sad.gif Thank you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 24 2013, 04:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2013, 07:01 AM
Instructor
Great one Todd! Mine were basically turning a stick around its own axis, while having a weight cling to it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Opossum
Jun 1 2013, 08:49 PM
GMC:er
Just played guitar (for about 20 minutes) for the first time in 18 days - and no pain! I told myself I'd wait a month, but felt like things had improved enough to give it a try. Even leaned into some good whole tone bends with sustained vibrato. It's strange how the instrument almost felt like something foreign to me. The action felt higher, the neck wider and thicker - but the notes never sounded better (at least to my ears)! Don't know what you got 'till it's gone!

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 2 2013, 09:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
Congrats man! just ease back into it and be careful. once i got back from my injury, i was back and more intense than ever smile.gif. totally agree once you put down the guitar you just crave it like crazy. and soon the setback becomes a huge push forward

QUOTE (Opossum @ Jun 1 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Just played guitar (for about 20 minutes) for the first time in 18 days - and no pain! I told myself I'd wait a month, but felt like things had improved enough to give it a try. Even leaned into some good whole tone bends with sustained vibrato. It's strange how the instrument almost felt like something foreign to me. The action felt higher, the neck wider and thicker - but the notes never sounded better (at least to my ears)! Don't know what you got 'till it's gone!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2013, 02:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opossum @ Jun 1 2013, 07:49 PM) *

It's just like learning to play again, right? smile.gif Take advantage of this time and use the fresh ideas that will come to your head, mate! After a longer break, I always manage to create new stuff.

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 3 2013, 08:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
When Larry Carlton composes a new song or album, he puts down the guitar for a month or two, and tries his best not to listen to any music. He goes on vacation with his wife and he relaxes, when he comes back, he has no preconceived ideas so its all fresh. your chops suffer but only slightly smile.gif He said this in an interview . Of course im paraphrasing though

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 2 2013, 01:16 PM) *
It's just like learning to play again, right? smile.gif Take advantage of this time and use the fresh ideas that will come to your head, mate! After a longer break, I always manage to create new stuff.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2013, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Ahh! Great example smile.gif I will seize this opportunity to share my favorite song from him:

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 4 2013, 07:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
beautiful song !

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Ahh! Great example smile.gif I will seize this opportunity to share my favorite song from him:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Glad to know you like it man smile.gif I totally recommend the whole album! 'Fingerprints' - that's how it's called wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:48 PM