Marshall Avt50x Combo, Small enough for room, big enough for gigs ;)
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2007, 09:51 PM
Instructor
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Aug 21 2008, 07:26 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 23 2007, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for this. Ive been meaning to buy the similar head. The only head that I try when I go to Guitar Center. Great sound by the way but the Od channel does lack the metal punch. No big deal for me since I have like 3 different distortion/overdrive pedal to push this amp.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 23 2007, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Yes it does lack a metal punch that - it`s more a rock type of gain, but with some pedals it sounds great. I`ve listened many metal bands (with pedals, mostly MT2) playing this very amp and they all sound very very good!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 23 2007, 11:16 PM
Instructor
I have the AVT50, i think they are almost the same. Your's is like a new model i guess. It's great for home practicing smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2007, 12:40 AM
Instructor
You must have the VS2000 model right? I think they are pretty much the same. That amp is practicaly indestructable man! smile.gif Unfortunately i don`t have any other amp so i use this one for gigs too, but it is not so bad. THe sound is deacent and it misses a low end, BUT I am planning to buy a marshall 4x12 celestion cab for it. It will add a new dimension for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 24 2007, 01:10 PM
Instructor
Yeah it's Valvestate 2000. I like it for home use but still want something better.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 24 2007, 01:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
Have the same Amp (avt50x) and I gotta tell you it is not enough for gigs. I have to push it to the limits or it gets drowned from my friends sound (dsl2000 40 swatt tube marshall combo on rythm guitar). Maybe the bigger cab will help. Personally I would go for a real tube halfstack for my next amp.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 24 2007, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hey DSL40W is all tube. Thats way better thant this, and priecey also. At first I wanted to buy the DSL401 instead of this but i needed something more practical. DSL401 has 8 tubes and i wan`t shure how they handle when carried around a lot. Also the cost of maintaining is bigger because the tubes are getting more expensive every day.

A have found a cheap deacent marshall cabs with 2x12 and 4x12 celestions for a price aroun 250$-400$. I`m shure on Ebay they are cheap. THey can be used with this amp, but it doesen`t get any louder. It just gets that tight low-end atack and that`s important for me when gigging. I`ve played a number of times with VS2000 amp on stages with up to 500-600 people but with good PA systems. For small gigs it is just enough if a club has a deacent soundsystem. For bigger stages (above ~1000 people) i agree there is a need for an all-tube amp with minimum 2x12" (assumin that the PA system is great off course).

AMong others, I know the case when the bluesguy that recorded my album played with his Marshall Studio 15W tube amp on a stage in front of a more than 5000 people. It`s just a matter of monitoring and PA system on that scale. Also many metal guitarist carry around their 10" speaker amps to get that metalic sound of it for their leads. They just put a mic in front of it and thats that.

EDIT:

Now I've had request to include some sample audio for this baby and here it is. Although you must take this recordings with some strong reserve - the audio is not so good in quality, and this is mainly because there is no cabinet. ALmost all of the sound of this great amp comes from its cleverly designed closed back speaker cab.

I've recorded some presets using Emulated DI Out on the amp itself, and this can be also a good example how his DI actually works (not the best..).

So you can make some rough opinions about its sound but don't take it for granted, the real sound is always in the speakers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 30 2007, 10:40 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Clean_Clean.mp3 ( 361.35K ) Number of downloads: 545
Attached File  Clean_Crunch.mp3 ( 361.35K ) Number of downloads: 492
Attached File  Dist_Crunch.mp3 ( 361.35K ) Number of downloads: 522
Attached File  Dist_High_Gain.mp3 ( 361.35K ) Number of downloads: 567
Attached File  Reverb_Test.mp3 ( 361.35K ) Number of downloads: 453

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2007, 01:32 AM
Instructor
Renewing my AVT50 review on request from one member. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 31 2007, 03:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 31 2007, 01:32 AM) *
Renewing my AVT50 review on request from one member. smile.gif

Always these annoying members who want to have sound samples ;D
Thank you Ivan smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 3 2008, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Great review!! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2008, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Thanks Toni smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Apr 22 2008, 08:33 AM
GMC:er
hey dude,
can you tell me whats the difference between "preamp section is driven with one ECC83 tube, poweramp i solidstate"?

cheers wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 22 2008, 10:00 AM
Instructor
I'm sorry it is a typo, it means poweramp IS solidstate. what it means poweramp does nto contain tubes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 22 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Hey!! Great review!!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 26 2008, 05:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is a very cool and durable amp! wink.gif I've heard onces that are abused by thousands of bands , two times a week for more than 6 hours at gigs and work cool smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:40 PM