Line 6 Guitar Port Xt, A little help please :)
Chris Evans
Nov 2 2007, 11:52 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
ok people, if this has been discussed before then I apologise.

I`m looking for a direct plug in module for my PC and I am coming to the conclusion that the Line 6 Guitar Port is probably what I`m looking for, its not something that I want to spend thousands of pounds on so again it seemed to fit the bill.

does anyone have any good/bad opinions on these? or can anybody suggest something else maybe I could look at.

thanks in advance

Chris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Nov 3 2007, 12:19 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 3 2007, 12:24 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Smells,

I bought a Line 6 Toneport UX1 a few months ago and I am really happy with it. I don't have an amplifier so this is what I use to play. It has a cool software I don't know if is the same as the Pod but it has a real cool procesor , I have found awesome tones in there. It is totally worth for the price.

Bye.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 3 2007, 12:34 AM
gr8 thanks m8, I shall do some research, at the moment I plug direct into my digital 8 track and use the presets etc in that which is then going into my PC, works and sounds gr8 but such a pain with all the cables etc, I`m trying to clear the desk up a little, this sounds good, thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jean-mi
Nov 4 2007, 03:40 AM
GMC:er
I got recently a pod xt with its pedal board, and it works well with its softs (line 6's).
i'm very satisfied of this package guies !

you can ask me more about what you want to know precisely wink.gif

This post has been edited by jean-mi: Nov 4 2007, 03:48 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 4 2007, 03:51 AM
Hi Jean-mi

I just want to use it to plug directly into my PC, I either get all my gear out (that I use for rehearsal etc) or I plug directly into my 8 track and use the presets etc that are in that, this is all fine and the sounds are good, but I want to make things a bit simpler, just a USB conection to my PC and plug my guitar in the other end and away I go, I`m pretty sure that the Guitar port is capable of doing this, just wanted to know if the sounds etc that the software will give me are worth me giving it a go smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jean-mi
Nov 4 2007, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
Ohhhwww, I wil try to answer...

When it works, The PC speak to the podXt in order to drive the sound settings via USB port, but it seems that the pod doesn't send the guitar signal toward the PC.
So it seems to me that the line 6's soft doesn't put the guitar signal toward the PC in order to get it in the output line of the PC, but only drive the hardware of the pod.

sorry, perheaps i didn't understand very well your problem....huh.gif

I choose it because with its low price (i got all for only 250 euros) the package "pod+pedalboard+soft+pc" is very complete and relatively easy to carry (pod and pedalboard have their own bag - all in one bag). the good thing is that you have all buttons at your hand (in comparaison with bossgt8 and others).... rolleyes.gif

To see if I understand your question, in my case of course I can travel with only guitar+pc+pod and plug everywhere toward any amp or studio... for rehearsal or other experiences.... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 5 2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks Jean-Mi smile.gif

I`m quite happy with my live/rehearsal set up, it was just home use/recording I was looking to change smile.gif

I`ve looked at too many now blink.gif laugh.gif

I think I`ll probably go for the Toneport UX2, it allows for direct recording to your PC with punch in/out etc.

thanks for your help tho smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 9 2007, 05:30 AM
After all that, all my plans went out the window, and my wife has got me a pod xt live for christmas! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:40 PM