2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The First Time...
Ben Higgins
Jul 5 2012, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Let's have an ongoing thread called The First Time... and we can change the subject now and again to keep it going. Obviously it will be about the first time we experienced something guitar or music related.

I'll start it off with..

The First Time.. you heard Iron Maiden ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 5 2012, 07:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 5 2012, 07:13 PM
Learning Rock Star

Probably a long time ago.

But I picked up "Brave New World" at the librarys cd-collection maybe around 2003.
And I got hooked on this. Sorry I do not love the very old stuff.

First time you played in front of a crowd?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jul 5 2012, 07:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 5 2012, 07:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
When I was 18 and stood in for my dad in his band while he was in the hospital.

The first time you heard "Crazy Train"?

(This thread could even become more interesting if we shifted away from guitar and music related things...)

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 5 2012, 07:51 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
The first time I heard Crazy Train : In a Ben Higgins collaboration take by The German biggrin.gif

Sorry it had to be done hehe. The first time I heard Crazy Train: Sometime in high school when I started listening to rock/metal.

The first time you played in public?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 5 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 5 2012, 07:36 PM) *
The first time you heard "Crazy Train"?

(This thread could even become more interesting if we shifted away from guitar and music related things...)

When I bought the album Blizzard of Ozz.. must have been around 16...

P.S. Yeah we can include NON guitar/ music related topics if you want... nothing rude though, you hear me Driever ?? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 5 2012, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 5 2012, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
First time you felt old (in a bad way) ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 6 2012, 12:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 5 2012, 09:46 PM) *
First time you felt old (in a bad way) ?

the first time i heard maiden- monsters of metal album from the early 80's( also the first time for dio,dokken, Y&T,
crazy train- Bought blizzard in ninth grade and I remember when radio stations would not play Ozzy till after midnight ( still have an unwrapped vinyl of blizzard
first time you feel old- when you look at a girl at the beach and she makes the ew face

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2012, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
My first MAIDEN was from a music video. I saw Number of The Beast on some video show (not MTV) and was quite impressed. I actually wish my first was a live thing as it was with Megadeth. Few things better than discovering a band LIVE.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 5 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Let's have an ongoing thread called The First Time... and we can change the subject now and again to keep it going. Obviously it will be about the first time we experienced something guitar or music related.

I'll start it off with..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2012, 09:01 AM
Instructor
The first time I head Iron Maiden as most of you guys already know, was finding a cassette tape (anyone remember those ?) of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.. I was hooked !

The first time I felt old in a bad way ? Hmmmm, I dunno.. various times over the last few years !

Ok, new one..

The first time.. you went abroad ?

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 6 2012, 11:01 AM
GMC:er
Hm, the first time i heard Iron MAIDEN - It was long time ago and i didn't really knew that it was Iron Maiden!!!
But the first time i got audio tape from my friend - it was Somewhere in Time album!! I was impressed and simultaneously blown away , it was like nothin' like what i've heard before . It remains to date all time Number 1. Iron MAiden album...

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 6 2012, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Don't forget the latest question though guys.. biggrin.gif

The first time you went abroad ?

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 6 2012, 06:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 6 2012, 12:12 PM) *
The first time you went abroad ?

Went to Germany early in my childhood.
Went to another continent (North America) in 1994 (14 years old)
Went to the southern hemisphere (New Zealand and Australia) in 2000.

First time at a music festival?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 6 2012, 06:45 PM) *

Ozzfest 2002 at Donington smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 6 2012, 08:18 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 6 2012, 08:45 PM) *

I think it was 1998. It was called Ankkarock (straight translation is Duck rock smile.gif )

First videogame you played ?

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 6 2012, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 6 2012, 08:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 6 2012, 09:18 PM) *

This is one of the first i remember:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Noon_(video_game)
Super gameplay sound and effects.

First time you got stopped by the police? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 6 2012, 08:42 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 6 2012, 10:36 PM) *

Actually never for illegal stuff but few times when driving car got stopped and tested if I had alcohol in my blood.
Edit: Now I found the word: Breathalyzed

First time fired a gun ?

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 6 2012, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2012, 08:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 6 2012, 08:18 PM) *

I think it might have somebody else's Nintendo.. Super Mario Bros..

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 6 2012, 08:36 PM) *

When I was 18, I hadn't had my car long. I got pulled over by the police. I hadn't done anything wrong. I think what happened is that I bought a car that was local to that town and they saw someone driving it who wasn't who they expected so they were probably checking I hadn't stolen it.

The car was a 1989 WV Polo Saloon, not the old box shaped hatchback.. that's probably why the car was so conspicuous because it's not common.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 7 2012, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 6 2012, 08:42 PM) *
Actually never for illegal stuff but few times when driving car got stopped and tested if I had alcohol in my blood.
Edit: Now I found the word: Breathalyzed

First time fired a gun ?

first time with a 300 magnum-scope cut me between the eyes
as for the police -I got busted by back stage security ,wait for it, at a maiden concert

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 6 2012, 09:01 AM) *
The first time.. you went abroad ?

oh that's a loaded ?. I am going to leave this alone

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 7 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 7 2012, 01:34 AM) *
oh that's a loaded ?. I am going to leave this alone

Haha... I actually though after I posted that question ' I wonder if anyone would read it as.. ' a broad' as in a woman ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 9 2012, 08:19 PM
Instructor
Let's have a new one..

First time you ever used the internet ?

For me, it must have been at school sometime in the late 90's... dial up. dry.gif I can still hear that annoying doing, bwoing sound !!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:27 PM