2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Dream Theater, Systematic Chaos
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2007, 01:15 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Pretty much all of us here love Dream Theater, so im gonna just put the word out that the new Dream Theater Album, "Systematic Chaos" is VERY Good, it has some of there coolest riffage yet, and of course John Petrucci melts your face with some Amazing solos, some that will burn your skin with speed, and some that will calm you down and bring a tear to your eye. Here is the video track for one of my favorites off the album, "The Dark Eternal Night"

Dream Theater - The Dark Eternal Night

So anyway, what your opinnions of the new album? My favorite song off there has got to be "In The Presence Of Enemies Part 1 and 2", and probably "Repentance","Constant Motion" or "The Dark Eternal Night"

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 8 2007, 01:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 8 2007, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
Hey, here s a big fan of DT lol!^^
I love the new album and of course all the songs are very good!
AAAAA cant wait to see them lol!
John petrucci rule!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 8 2007, 01:57 AM
Learning Roadie
They're pretty cool. I don't know them aside from Images and Words, though smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 8 2007, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 8 2007, 02:57 AM) *
They're pretty cool. I don't know them aside from Images and Words, though smile.gif

One of their best albums!!! biggrin.gif
Metropolis part 1 is a masterpiece!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2007, 03:35 AM
Anything Dream Theater is a masterpiece, im in love with Octavarium

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 8 2007, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 8 2007, 04:35 AM) *
Anything Dream Theater is a masterpiece, im in love with Octavarium

With the album or just with the song? smile.gif

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 8 2007, 07:07 AM
As with all of their albums, Dream Theater delivers a brilliant performance on Systematic Chaos. If anyone is considering getting it, go for it! You will not be disappointed. wink.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 8 2007, 07:53 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 8 2007, 02:15 AM) *
Pretty much all of us here love Dream Theater, so im gonna just put the word out that the new Dream Theater Album, "Systematic Chaos" is VERY Good, it has some of there coolest riffage yet, and of course John Petrucci melts your face with some Amazing solos, some that will burn your skin with speed, and some that will calm you down and bring a tear to your eye. Here is the video track for one of my favorites off the album, "The Dark Eternal Night"

Dream Theater - The Dark Eternal Night

So anyway, what your opinnions of the new album? My favorite song off there has got to be "In The Presence Of Enemies Part 1 and 2", and probably "Repentance","Constant Motion" or "The Dark Eternal Night"

+1
In the precence of enemies 1 & 2
The dark eternal light

Overall I think the album keeps a very high standard and a big plus for it's heavy.

Constatnt motion has borrowed plenty from Metallica, esp. Battery. But for a band that once ripped off the entire Master of Puppets album on a live performance that's pretty cool laugh.gif

Radio interview with Petrucci (joke)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 8 2007, 08:30 AM
Instructor
I came back from DT concert 4 hours ago - it was good, although it was too f**** loud and you could only hear drums and bass playing. But the show was great. Don't have any pics 'cause i only had the cell-phone camera with me. They played tons of old songs - from Images and Words and Scenes From The Memory (which is my favorite album from DT), than Train Of Thought songs, and 3 or 4 songs from the new album.

I felt totally wasted after the show - i want to play in a band and i can't find a decent band sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Well, anyway - it's the DT quality of the show!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
John Crow
Jun 8 2007, 09:27 AM
I've been little out of date with DT recently, so thx to let me know they release the new album. I'm gonna check them right away smile.gif As soon as I listen to the new album i'll let u know wich songs are the best form me, but surely i'm gonna love everyone biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fallen Angel DSP 60, Ibanez SZ520 QM Customize, Seymour Duncan Blackouts, BossGT10, Ibanez Weeping Deamon,
www.myenvia.pl / www.myspace.com/myenvia / www.facebook.com/myenvia

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2007, 02:16 PM
Instructor
I really like Dream Theater. I also have seen them live here in Argentina and (as Pavel said) the sound was bad because the played in an open stadium. But they are very excelent musicians and I want to get know their new album!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 8 2007, 02:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 8 2007, 03:30 AM) *
I came back from DT concert 4 hours ago - it was good, although it was too f**** loud and you could only hear drums and bass playing. But the show was great. Don't have any pics 'cause i only had the cell-phone camera with me. They played tons of old songs - from Images and Words and Scenes From The Memory (which is my favorite album from DT), than Train Of Thought songs, and 3 or 4 songs from the new album.

I felt totally wasted after the show - i want to play in a band and i can't find a decent band sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Hey Pavel, its a crime that you can't find a band - what have you tried? Maybe you need to do adverts, auditions etc and get really organised about it, like you are on a mission! Or do you think there just aren't musicians with the right talents in your area?

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jun 8 2007, 02:21 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
steve25
Jun 8 2007, 02:27 PM
Personally i really don't like Dream Theater. I heard some of their last album and first and didn't like it at all. This song is ok but i've heard so much better but for the sake that they might have changed a bit i might try their new album.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 8 2007, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 8 2007, 03:30 AM) *

When i saw them on GIGANTOUR, It was the exact opposite, for the first 2 songs you could only hear Guitar and Vocals, after the 3rd started though, all the intruments evened out. biggrin.gif

But damn, Petrucci can really shred it live, dead on accuracy thats usually better than the studio.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 8 2007, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 8 2007, 03:21 PM) *
Hey Pavel, its a crime that you can't find a band - what have you tried? Maybe you need to do adverts, auditions etc and get really organised about it, like you are on a mission! Or do you think there just aren't musicians with the right talents in your area?

There is no point in doing it here - people are jealous and the attitude towards me is:

1. He's a mother f*** shredder and knows nothing about music!!
2. I don't want him in a band because he only wants to solo!!
3. I don't want him in a band because i am loosing my soloing position than!!

OR

4. He's too good to play with us.

Next thing is - bands are created by 17-19 years old guys who know nothing about playing their instruments and can only play pentatonic scale and 2 damn power chords. This kind of bands fall apart after 1 year of existence - i am not interested in this kind of bands. Guys after 22 years think too much of themselves here and think they are too good to play with anyone but they are actually total beginners.

I want to break out of this lousy stinky country after i finish that university and get higher degree in IT.

So, my plan is still as follows: practicing hard while being in university - and by the time i finish it i should have some decent material to send around record labels and create a MySpace profile for further advertisement.

I wish i knew what God has stored for me.... huh.gif

Speaking about DT - i only like the "The Dark Eternal Night" song from that new album!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 8 2007, 10:37 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 8 2007, 11:50 PM
I stopped listening to them after Octavarium came out.. I find that album boring. And I thought Train Of Thought sucked but damn Octavarium beat that.

I love Liquid Tension Experiment though, everything that they made was an impact to my life as a person and musician. I do find myself wishing that DT should retire and LTE back to make another album or tour.

Pavel why dont you just become a solo musician.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 02:19 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 8 2007, 01:27 PM) *
There is no point in doing it here - people are jealous and the attitude towards me is:

Dude i would love to be in a band with someone alot better than me, like you smile.gif

In my mind i could learn from them while writing some kick ass songs, to bad i dont live in norway or you live in florida, or else id be in you rband no problem.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 9 2007, 09:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (VinceG @ Jun 9 2007, 12:50 AM) *
Pavel why dont you just become a solo musician.

One day i hope!

Back on topic:

Train Of Thought is good album in my opinion. Octavarium sucks bigtime. My favorite songs are still from album Scenes From The Memory and Images And Words.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 05:16 PM
So im the only one loves Octavarium? smile.gif

Man i think im the only one who has never been un-satisfied with a dream theater album biggrin.gif

Anyone know if Dominici's solo work is any good?

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 9 2007, 05:49 PM
I love all dream theater s albums, octavarium is not my fave but i really love the last piece!! Octavarium! lol^^
Yea Dominici and his band works pretty good i think!

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:24 PM