2 Pages V  < 1 2  
***welcome To Gmc Virtual Bands***, Read this first before joining up
stratman33
Jan 2 2008, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 1 2008, 07:08 PM) *
sad.gif what about reaper? free to try and cheap to buy license for?

i have audacity but the sound quality is horrible if you try to upload something, so bad you can hardly hear it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 2 2008, 01:28 AM
ok Smells i downloaded reaper, i played a little something into it and it seems to work alright smile.gif

i think i would be able to join a beginner's band, because im new to writing music and recording, and i have a question:if i really dont have time to do my part in the band, could i give it up?because i really wouldnt want to slow the band down.and i could play rythm guitar, making up riffs is my strongpoint smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 2 2008, 01:29 AM
Instructor
nice idea

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2008, 09:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Great idea!!

I hadn't realized before that this project existed, it sounds really good =)

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 26 2008, 08:52 PM
Man i wish i wasn't poor and had even a lil recording stuff and knew about the computer downloading stuff mad.gif !
I got the guitar part down laugh.gif but don't have equipment! SOUNDS FUN!!!
How would members agree on names....vote?

...man this sounds fun...different than a real band though huh.gif ..but still fun cool.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 27 2008, 12:26 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (beebo @ Jun 26 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Man i wish i wasn't poor and had even a lil recording stuff and knew about the computer downloading stuff mad.gif !
I got the guitar part down laugh.gif but don't have equipment! SOUNDS FUN!!!
How would members agree on names....vote?

...man this sounds fun...different than a real band though huh.gif ..but still fun cool.gif

Hi beebo,

tbh, it's pretty simple. You can get something like a Toneport UX1 or 2 fairly cheap. This is your interface that connects your guitar to your cpu. Most modelers come with software that give you the different tones. Then you need some form of sequencer. I use the free download from Reaper. Once you record the take,and have it to your liking, then you simply render it to mp3 format and upload.

As far as choosing names, that would be up to you and the guys (or gals) you are jamming with.
Hope to see you over here soon!

Steve

+Quote Post
dreadlocks
Feb 22 2009, 07:40 PM
Sounds exciting smile.gif
I considre myself as an Intermediate guitar player
But i write and record music as a total Beginner tongue.gif
I hope you find me useful

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:08 PM