Need recording software help
yuriy_boyko
Nov 27 2006, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
Ok, so when i come up with some licks and melodies of my own i always write them down. but i want to record them too so...
Im asking people to give me advice with some recording. I have very good laptop and want to know what i need for good quality home recording.
thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n0x
Nov 27 2006, 11:08 AM
hehe yeah I would like some info on that too. I own a line 6 PODxt Live, and I can purchase a line 6 recording software but I'm scared that my laptop specs aren't good enough sad.gif. Any advice on software that may not require a high end laptop or pc?

So far I've jus been using a normal pc mic placed infront of my amp tongue.gif sounds horrible ^^ hehe.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by n0x: Nov 27 2006, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Nov 27 2006, 01:52 PM
There is already a thread in hte forum on this topic

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=1967

at the mo im only recording onto my mp3 player using its dictaphone function. It records crap but enough for me to here the lick or riff that i invented!

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
yuriy_boyko
Nov 27 2006, 03:57 PM
thanks for replying.
other question is there any other good way to record like using a special recording pedals or something else? also do i need a good microphone if i get any kind of software.

Btw Kris if u are reading this, please tell me what do you use for like Curious Coincidence recording and for videos you make. thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 27 2006, 04:40 PM
GMC Founder
yuriy_boyko: I use Nuendo for the longer solos - for the backing tracks I use a Boss br-600 digital recorder.

It is possible to record cool stuff on a loop pedal!

BollyRotten For most people who just want to practice/improve I definately agree that the most simple recording unit is enough! An old casette recorder can be awesome. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:05 PM