> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Gitarrero
May 6 2012, 01:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Will do! Though my right hand always looks kinda tense on video, no matter what speed. It doesn't really feel tense though, strangely enough...but I'll see what I can do wink.gif

Had a lot to do at my job and spend a lot of time going out with new friends I found here, so very little guitar time.

At the moment, I am browsing through old level 3 and 4 lessons I already mastered, just to get the feeling of playing again. I've also got some new original songs and student instructor lessons in my head, but I'll tackle these one at a time wink.gif

And of course I am messing around with the backing track of your new collab smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: May 6 2012, 01:33 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Oh, so, life got in the way eh? smile.gif I know how that feels man - will you be joining the new collab? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 7 2012, 05:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nah, life didn't get in the way...but no better take came out laugh.gif So I didn't bother uploading stuff. But when I'm back from the gym I'll give it another try, so expect a video within the next three hours wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 7 2012, 09:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

After a nice and cosy arm warm-up in the gym wink.gif I was ready for some practice. And here is the outcome! I think this take is better than the first one, what do you think?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Heya Christian! Indeed, the hand looks more relaxed smile.gif I think that you are moving a bit too much though, the wrist motion is correct but you could focus on being more and more economic man wink.gif tell me are you up for another AP oriented lesson? I am thinking about one incorporating a bit more string crossing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 8 2012, 04:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
AP you say? Bring it on! biggrin.gif
So you are saying I should move my wrist less? Or my arm?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 05:03 PM
Instructor
You should be more economic when moving your wrist about smile.gif aaaaand here's my new challenge to you:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

strive towards obtaining a clean ringing tone and good timing just like Ben does it here wink.gif what say you mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 8 2012, 07:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay Cosmin, how much does Ben pay you to promote his lessons? laugh.gif

Seriously, great choice. I've already learned this one and use it as a warm-up for the left and right hand, some finger position still feel a bit awkward though.
I'll post something one friday or saturday!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Ben .... biggrin.gif well.... the donut transport should arrive any minute now....oh, what was I saying here biggrin.gif

Alright, give me some clean picked arpeggios Mr!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 20 2012, 05:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,
let's revive this thread after you've returned from the mountains biggrin.gif
I am recording a drop tuned song right now and will post it this weekend, maybe we could use this as a new starting point wink.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 22 2012, 07:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

the promised song can be found here, maybe you could give me some advice regarding how to record vocals in a better way:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry596792

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2012, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Mate, this is a good start! My first impressions are:

- good atmosphere!
- I hope it was my Voodoo riff in metal metrics 4 which inspired you tongue.gif if not, I like it anyway and it reminds me of that one biggrin.gif
- I would add more dynamics starting with the drum groove - some fills, some breakdowns - not lengthy, but enough to let the music breathe.
- The voice - I record using the Shure SM7B in the soundboard and into the Samplitude DAW, I add some compressions and that's quite it.

This mic is very good! It was used by Incubus, Metallica, Michael Jackson, RHCP and Pearl Jam out of what I know smile.gif

Check out some stuff about it here:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/mic...ocal-microphone

..and let's try to spice up the tune, if you want and also, please tell me what you have in mind for the next period of guitar playing biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 23 2012, 02:50 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Metal Metrics? Never heard of it laugh.gif
Yes, it actually did inspire me wink.gif

About the mic, I got a Shure mic that I used on stage for many years and it's pretty good. I think the problem was that I had to run it through the v-amp 3 to connect it to my PC. I will order a device that let's me connect the mic directly to the PC via USB, Todd recommended it to me.
Spicing up the drums sounds cool to me, I will mess around with it a bit.

As for the next period of guitar playing: I've been really inspired lately and recorded a few demos. I found out one thing: I love composing punk tunes, so I will discuss these with Gabriel (you might wanna check out our thread, or my soundcloud).

Now, the Diablo based tune inspired me to write more modern metal songs that focus on stories of fictional characters (like from PC games). So I wanna write riffs like in your metal metrics series biggrin.gif focussing on drop tunings as they just sound great for this stuff.

So...how can we go on from here? Should I post some demos and we spice them up? Or focus on ideas how to put a modern metal song together?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2012, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Hey Christian! Song writing is the best way to improve songwriting biggrin.gif so here's what I suggest:

- post the demos
- we discuss and improve them
- you record and tweak till they get as close to perfection as possible smile.gif

Aye? Vat does zi German say!?? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 24 2012, 09:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Zi german ssinks zis is a great idea!

At the moment, I have only recorded a few riffs that I think sound cool, so no bass, no drums or anything...
Should I at least record a drum track as well, or are you happy with riffs for the moment?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 24 2012, 12:50 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, see what I did...I did not even wait for your answer laugh.gif
What I did was record Intro/Main Riff, Verse and Chorus. No drum tracks or anything.
So, hier ah ze trecks:

Queen of Blades (any gamer will know what this song will be about), Drop C, I played an octave melody cause I think it sounds cool. This is supposed to be a faster song.

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/queen-of-blades

The Dark Wanderer (Gamers know what's gonna happen), Drop C again, more of a mid tempo song. Not sure if the chorus works so well with the verse and main riff.

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/the-dark-wanderer

What does zi romanian say?

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jul 24 2012, 12:51 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2012, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Ja jaaaaaa mein freund! biggrin.gif

Zi rumenien say:

- all the ideas have great potential
- I want you to play cleaner, tighter and with better timing
- I want you to start workin' on them drums! The difference will be HUGE biggrin.gif

Let's transform these two into great songs, ok??

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 25 2012, 11:50 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Vielen Dank!

Good to hear that these riffs got potential biggrin.gif
I actually recorded them without a metronome, so I will create drums and hopefully the tightness will follow wink.gif

You can expect new results this weekend!

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Awesomeness wink.gif I shall send you my recording for your lesson then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 26 2012, 09:19 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Cool! But no more about this lesson in public laugh.gif

Discussing vocals in the chat tonight sounds good to me smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:24 PM