Just Scored An Awesome Deal On A Peavy Valveking 212 Tube Amp
Guitar1969
Jun 18 2009, 05:53 PM
GMC:er
So I was on another forum, and there was a guy who found a Peavy Valveking 212 all tube Combo amp for $425 online. This is the 100watt all tube amp(The big boy). So he pricematched it at Guitar Center. The reviews on this amp are great and eveybody says its a great deal at the normal street price of $650, but at $425 its a steal.

I wasn't planning on buying a new amp right now, but am kind of sick of all the solid state modeling amp stuff I have(can't get the distortion I want), and was considering a smaller tube amp like the Blackheart(5W) combo which is about $350 with 1 12" speaker. So when I saw this deal, although it is way more power than I need(Don't currently Gig much and when I do I use a modeler pedal direct) it was too good of a deal to pass up(being only a few bucks more than the Blackheart). So I price matched it at Musiciansfriend for $425 with shipping includef(MF normall charges $70 extra to ship the beast)because I like their customer service if anything should go wrong. They gave me a bit of a hard time , but because the internet seller is authorized Peavy, they couldnt deny it due to their pricematch guarantee. The only down side is I couldn't play one myself before buying because I am swamped at work and didn't want to miss this deal, but I 've read every review on this thing and it sounds like a very versitaile amp, has a good clean and can get pretty dirty.

So I got a Valveking Combo 212(100w all tube with 2 12" speakers) coming. Its a beast(about 80lbs), but people say its comparable in sound to a Fender Twin Reverb but it has a knob to switch between A and A/B class and get pretty dirty if you want it to so it can play harder rock, and if you need more distortion, a tubescreamer works well.

So I 'm excited to finally move into the tube realm(Although I know there is more maintenance inviolved- I liked the simplicity of solid state.), but now I can get some real tone. I now have to somehow get it past the wife(maybe I'll keep it at my office for a few months)

If anybody else is interested, here 's the internet ad that you can pricematch somewhere(Or buy from them):

http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=PVVALVEKING212#top

In my mind this is the best deal I've ever gotten on music equipment(30% off street price)

Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Jun 18 2009, 06:17 PM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:40 AM