Song Tone Effects
steve25
Aug 2 2010, 08:29 PM
GMC:er
I'm trying to figure out what effects are being used on this guitar track the link is included below. It begins at around 1:32 the dreamy kind of guitar sound. I know it isn't anything special but I'm curious about it. I'm pretty sure for starters that they're using an ebow rather than a pick and there's quite a bit of reverb in there. They're possibly using some flanger as well but I'm not too sure about it. I have an ebow and have tried a few different sounds and I don't get close to that. Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCYPUgb370I

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 2 2010, 08:48 PM
Sounds like delay, a lot of echo and flanger effect to me.
I think I could play around on the POD and get an effect like that if I messed around with it enough?
Sounds pretty kewl, don't know how much you would really want to use it though before it gets old.
It's one of those effects you should play just a bit and stop so people are left wondering!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
steve25
Aug 2 2010, 10:24 PM
Absolutely, you wouldn't really want to use that sound for full blown leads but it sounds great in the way that it is used I like how it's there in the background but still very noticeable as you can hear it throughout the song.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 6 2010, 12:38 PM
Instructor
Hmm not really sure, it can be various things. I would try to use chorus/flanger with high rate, or combine flanger and vibrato, coupled with heavy delay and reverb settings. It would require some tweaking no doubt, but it's not that hard to achieve something similar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:06 PM