Ivan Milenkovic's Funky Riffing Lesson, Does Ivan have his own tutor page on the forum?
Crazyfret
Dec 15 2007, 08:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya all,

Been practicing Ivan Milenkovic funky riffing lesson and here is a recording of me playing at 60bpm so I've still a way to go yet to get to 110bpm!

I like the exercise but struggling with the fluency and timing (the lick at the end is n't great) and for some reason I struggle forming the E9 chord in the first bar. I've attached a recording for any feedback / advice or tips.

I welcome any comments.

Craig

ps does Ivan have is own page on the forum? I couldn't find it earlier.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Funky_Riffing_Lesson_60_bpm.mp3 ( 1.12MB ) Number of downloads: 215

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Mrblomme
Dec 15 2007, 10:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nope Ivan doesnt have a page yet.
I'm sure Kris and the guys are working on it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 16 2007, 12:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Dec 15 2007, 10:14 PM) *
Nope Ivan doesnt have a page yet.
I'm sure Kris and the guys are working on it. smile.gif

It comes with certain number of running lessons if I'm right.
Stay tuned,Ivan is gonna have it in a blink!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Dec 16 2007, 01:00 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That can be tongue.gif

He's doing a wonderfull job so it won't take long idd smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 16 2007, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Dec 15 2007, 08:48 PM) *
Hiya all,

Been practicing Ivan Milenkovic funky riffing lesson and here is a recording of me playing at 60bpm so I've still a way to go yet to get to 110bpm!

I like the exercise but struggling with the fluency and timing (the lick at the end is n't great) and for some reason I struggle forming the E9 chord in the first bar. I've attached a recording for any feedback / advice or tips.

I welcome any comments.

Craig

ps does Ivan have is own page on the forum? I couldn't find it earlier.

I got the message that I will get my board after some 4-5 lessons. I allready have 4 lessons, so I guess it would be very soon. Thanks for interest guys smile.gif

Regarding that lesson.. You`ve done a great job! All the notes are there played very nice. But you must work on your timing. It is not a big deal but htere are a few things here and there that needs to be fixed. FOr example start the first E5 chord (the one on the 7th fret) NOT ON the 3rd click but a little sooner. CHeck out the lesson and you will se that i acctually play the E5 little earlier than the click, so I can get that shuffled fell. THe most important thing is to get into that groove and remember to stay in the groove even when you play it slow. I know it is harder (for me too) to get into a groove on such slow bpm`s, but try to fell a groove at a faster rate and slow it donw a little to see whetter you play wiht a clik or not.

Now I write this in order to tell you how to play the lesson like I did, but what is important is that you`ve played the lesson great, and doing a good job even though it is not played exactly like me. THat doesent mean it is not perfect in a any way.

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 16 2007, 04:28 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 18 2007, 10:36 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 16 2007, 03:28 PM) *
I got the message that I will get my board after some 4-5 lessons. I allready have 4 lessons, so I guess it would be very soon. Thanks for interest guys smile.gif

Regarding that lesson.. You`ve done a great job! All the notes are there played very nice. But you must work on your timing. It is not a big deal but htere are a few things here and there that needs to be fixed. FOr example start the first E5 chord (the one on the 7th fret) NOT ON the 3rd click but a little sooner. CHeck out the lesson and you will se that i acctually play the E5 little earlier than the click, so I can get that shuffled fell. THe most important thing is to get into that groove and remember to stay in the groove even when you play it slow. I know it is harder (for me too) to get into a groove on such slow bpm`s, but try to fell a groove at a faster rate and slow it donw a little to see whetter you play wiht a clik or not.

Now I write this in order to tell you how to play the lesson like I did, but what is important is that you`ve played the lesson great, and doing a good job even though it is not played exactly like me. THat doesent mean it is not perfect in a any way.

Thanks for the comments Ivan. I agree timing is the key on this particular piece to get the shuffle feel. I'll keep on practicing it thats for sure because its a great work out.

Thanks again

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
No problem man, be sure to post your progress again so I can help you eve further if you need assistance. Keep rockin smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:03 AM