Suggestion For All Lessons - Equipment Setup?
MattG
Dec 18 2007, 05:36 PM
GMC:er
Hello. This is my first post to the forum, but I'd like to let you know how blown away I am by this site. Amazing stuff! Keep up the good great work!!

I had a suggestion for the instructors: would it be possible in the text introduction to each lesson to include a section with information about the equipment setup that was used? This might include the guitar type, amp and amp settings, as well as any effects pedals/settings (delay, reverb, distortion, etc.). Many lessons have unique tones and it might not be intuitively obvious what was used to get it. cool.gif

Many thanks!

Matt G.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RGR420EX-RAR, Ovation Celebrity CT-057 acoustic/electric, Alvarez AC-40C classical guitar

Gear: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35, Digitech RP-6 digital effects processor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 18 2007, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (MattG @ Dec 18 2007, 04:36 PM) *
Hello. This is my first post to the forum, but I'd like to let you know how blown away I am by this site. Amazing stuff! Keep up the good great work!!

I had a suggestion for the instructors: would it be possible in the text introduction to each lesson to include a section with information about the equipment setup that was used? This might include the guitar type, amp and amp settings, as well as any effects pedals/settings (delay, reverb, distortion, etc.). Many lessons have unique tones and it might not be intuitively obvious what was used to get it. cool.gif

Many thanks!

Matt G.

Great idea Matt!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 18 2007, 05:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 18 2007, 05:38 PM) *
Great idea Matt!

Well,I'm gonna say this once again. smile.gif

Only thing I use for ALL lessons is Korg Pandora PX4D straight into audio card.
Settings wise,I tried to explain it HERE.

Hope this helps a bit,at least when it's about my tone. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 18 2007, 05:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
Muris tone makes us at GMC drool with envy ! wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Dec 18 2007, 05:55 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 18 2007, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 18 2007, 05:54 PM) *
Muris tone makes us at GMC drool with envy ! wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

laugh.gif wink.gif

Thanks Matt biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 18 2007, 05:59 PM
Lets go fishing!
I think my next purchase is going to be a pair of those pickups like in your custom, they have to be a good investment for sure !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MattG
Dec 18 2007, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 18 2007, 10:41 AM) *
Well,I'm gonna say this once again. smile.gif

Only thing I use for ALL lessons is Korg Pandora PX4D straight into audio card.
Settings wise,I tried to explain it HERE.

Hope this helps a bit,at least when it's about my tone. smile.gif

Thanks, Muris! You've got a really awesome tone. I'd seen your post about the Korg Pandora PX4D - sounds like a great unit.

Kris D. - maybe as an alternative to posting this information in each lesson, other instructors might be persuaded to add their standard gear setup to their profile (if it's not there already)? biggrin.gif

Matt G.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RGR420EX-RAR, Ovation Celebrity CT-057 acoustic/electric, Alvarez AC-40C classical guitar

Gear: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35, Digitech RP-6 digital effects processor

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 18 2007, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattG @ Dec 18 2007, 06:03 PM) *
Thanks, Muris! You've got a really awesome tone. I'd seen your post about the Korg Pandora PX4D - sounds like a great unit.

Kris D. - maybe as an alternative to posting this information in each lesson, other instructors might be persuaded to add their standard gear setup to their profile (if it's not there already)? biggrin.gif

Matt G.

Maybe it's not in theirs profiles but it's surely on many places in forum,
many times asked question. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 18 2007, 06:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Good observation !! I always include equipement used in my lessons..wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 18 2007, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattG @ Dec 18 2007, 06:36 PM) *

Many thanks!

Matt G.

Great idea, I will probably add my equipment and settings info on my next lesson smile.gif

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 18 2007, 09:31 PM
Great idea! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 18 2007, 09:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great idea but some people already do that...Take Pavel for example, he has a section dedicated just for those questions, muris already said his settings, the rest is missing biggrin.gif...Personally, I'm more interested in Dave's Settings ^^

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2007, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Sure thing man, I`ll include my settings in every lesson from now on. THank you for feedback.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:48 PM