Alternate Picking, Tremelo Picking Tecnique
slash48
Feb 28 2009, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
Hey Toni, I had a few questions I wanted to ask you about your alternate picking and tremelo picking.

1.Do you pick at an angle when you play because sometimes when I pick at an angle I end up getting some notes sounding dead. What should I do?

2.What kind of picks do you use for fast picking?

3.Do string gauges matter for fast picking?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Toni Suominen
Apr 7 2009, 09:09 PM
Instructor
Sorry for the really late response, I've been really busy with work lately.

1. Yes, I have the pick at a slight angle and the key is to really just try and find that "sweet spot" where the notes don't end up sounding "dead". But like I said, the angle is very slight.

2. I really don't use different picks for different situations (except when strumming on an acoustic), so I usually play only with Dunlop Jazz III's, they are great for fast picking also IMO.

3. Well, I don't think so, some people just prefer light or heavier strings, but I wouldn't say that the speed of your picking could depend on the gauge of the strings. You can play fast with both smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
slash48
Apr 10 2009, 06:25 AM
GMC:er
Great, thanks for the help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Apr 11 2009, 01:04 AM
Instructor
Glad I could help mate smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:35 PM