Guitars With Speakers On Em'
Wyvernx
Oct 22 2007, 04:46 AM
GMC:er
I know I've seen them before, but I don't know if they're worth buying, but I'm pretty sure you can add effects into them. Any insight into to this would be great appreciated!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Oct 22 2007, 06:28 AM
i've never seen any guitar like that of good quality. most of the time when i see them they're cheap starter crap. BUT! for all i know there could be a gibson with a built in speaker.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Asphyxia Feeling: Oct 22 2007, 06:28 AM

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Oct 22 2007, 12:16 PM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Oct 22 2007, 03:46 AM) *
I know I've seen them before, but I don't know if they're worth buying, but I'm pretty sure you can add effects into them. Any insight into to this would be great appreciated!

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/nomad.html

Also, Dave Navarro explaining how he used one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0_MuYkVGw

It depends on what you want to use one for. If you're looking to recreate Vai's sound, it ain't gonna happen. If you want something self-contained and portable for practice on travel, it'll get the job done. It could also be used to produce some interesting sounds.

Personally, I have a thing for nasty guitar tones. I could see using something like this looking for a different sound. Bad guitars aren't necessarily bad. Look at Jack White...those awful fiberglass 60's Airline guitars and the Silvertone amps? It sounds positively awful and I love it.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Oct 22 2007, 12:45 PM
My uncle has one of those... not a Fernande's, but it has a speaker. I don't think it had a brand name on it. Anyways, I can't really say, I never played it. Personally, I don't think that you're going to get anything sounding even remotely good out of a speaker like that, but I could be wrong... And as Scott (and, I guess, Dave Navarro smile.gif) says, sometimes you want that dirty tone.

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Oct 22 2007, 12:45 PM

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Oct 23 2007, 06:52 AM
hmm... that fernandes looks pretty cool, but since you'll be playing though headphones / external speakers anyway, you could also just get a POD or other effects processer and play with your own guitar.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 23 2007, 10:33 AM
That's pretty cool! I just want something that'll be easy to carry around, since I really hate the shapes of acoustics

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 23 2007, 10:49 AM
cool! thats beastly... just walking around the house, go getting mail, cooking dinner... etc.

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 23 2007, 10:56 AM
I want to take it to school, my friends say "If only I were plugged in" or some kind of excuse like that, now they won't have any excuses!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Oct 23 2007, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Oct 23 2007, 09:56 AM) *
I want to take it to school, my friends say "If only I were plugged in" or some kind of excuse like that, now they won't have any excuses!

There's also the option of some of those tiny little battery-powered amps. Most of them clip to a guitar strap.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHMS2

One year at a halloween party I went to, there was a guy that went as EVH. Brought his guitar and had one of those micro amps clipped to the strap and he wanked around on his guitar as was needed.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:05 PM