Malmsteen Haha Not Anymore!
Ryan
Jul 7 2007, 08:17 AM
GMC:er
Ok, what i said before about malmsteen being the best, and everything, and him also being my favorite guitarist!!
Well sorry to say this, but he was replaced!!

ROBERT MARCELLO. Wow, hes great. I think hes my fave. guitar player at the moment!! Malmsteen has not been forgotten though.

Heres some links of some of his stuff. Rob Marcello o yeah!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCTSIW2W_U Insomnia (Live Demonstration)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1g-gBiRZ8...ted&search= Oldschool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_P-cHFQEo Shred Guitar Clinic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKT5JBnIaw...ted&search= Demonstarting GT-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo0Mc8ELEg Neoclassical Shred 1

Hope you enjoyed as much as i did!!
Also check out Matthew Mills!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
FretDancer69
Jul 7 2007, 09:19 AM
damn he is awesome! I specially love the Insomnia live presentation! Hmm, but im not sure if breaking the Malmsteen Regime is a good idea..i dont wanna get hurt! rolleyes.gif sad.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 7 2007, 09:31 AM
He is awesome but i agree with post above,i think Malmsteen could still take him

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 7 2007, 02:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think Robert Marcello is better, ive been listening to his stuff for a little while and i think he just has a better sense of melody, technique, and feel. Malmsteen starts to sounds mechanical after a few listens, like he just has a book on hand that says "Sh** youve done before but havent quite played like this, so you can pass it off as another song"

Thats just my oppinnion, though, i dont mean to offend anyone.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 8 2007, 01:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNUHsbdUdx8...ted&search=

Now tell me thats not cool. biggrin.gif When I become amazingly great at guitar. I want one of those!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
acousticwanabee
Jul 10 2007, 09:42 PM
that gr-20 is defanitly awesome and cheaper then i thought it would be

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jul 13 2007, 04:29 AM
Rob did some cool stuff for Young Guitar recently. Check it out!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2007, 04:42 AM
Instructor
He is very malmsteen but I can listen some Vinnie Moore and Tony Mcalpine influences in his playing...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gustavo
Jul 24 2007, 05:56 PM
yep, i saw it yesterday and its great but he is 1 more neoclassical guitarist
therer r a lot tongue.gif
but i like to see 24 albums of him, like malmsteen tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kai Muehlenbruch
Jul 25 2007, 02:06 AM
Instructor
Marcello is cool! i luv that tune here-------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1g-gBiRZ8

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (Gustavo @ Jul 24 2007, 11:56 AM) *
yep, i saw it yesterday and its great but he is 1 more neoclassical guitarist
therer r a lot tongue.gif
but i like to see 24 albums of him, like malmsteen tongue.gif

1 more neo-classical guitarist?!?!?!?!?!? Sorry to tell you this buddy. But all in all. Where all just '1' more guitarist. Yeah theres a lot of them to Gustavo,

QUOTE (Kai Muehlenbruch @ Jul 24 2007, 08:06 PM) *
Marcello is cool! i luv that tune here-------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1g-gBiRZ8

Yeah thats a great one Kai!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 12 2007, 10:42 PM) *
He is very malmsteen but I can listen some Vinnie Moore and Tony Mcalpine influences in his playing...

What Neo-classical Player isnt like Malmsteen?? I mean he is the one that made it famous right?

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jul 25 2007, 02:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 25 2007, 03:09 AM
I guess Im too old for you all...cuz frankly, I dont think I even care for shredding unless its used minimally as a transition, rather than totally in a solo. Dont get me wrong, I think these guys you all are putting on a pedalstal are great in their own right as guitar masters, I just like the more clear note solos with feeling (e.g. Gilmore...you can almost hear his solos speaking, not jibber jabbering)

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 03:43 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 24 2007, 09:09 PM) *
I guess Im too old for you all...cuz frankly, I dont think I even care for shredding unless its used minimally as a transition, rather than totally in a solo. Dont get me wrong, I think these guys you all are putting on a pedalstal are great in their own right as guitar masters, I just like the more clear note solos with feeling (e.g. Gilmore...you can almost hear his solos speaking, not jibber jabbering)

Its different for everybody. Its like me. It depends on what mood im in. Right now its a billion per second mood. Time to listen to petrucci tongue.gif He kills. tommorow hmm well maybe some BB King. It all depends on the person man!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Jul 25 2007, 03:51 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 24 2007, 10:09 PM) *

Or even Santana, or G. Rossington with his slide. I tried to listen to the others that you all like, and its just too much for me to enjoy. For me, it just doesnt have any heart or soul, no feeling at all...it just is.
But, it all brings to mind now when I was younger, my mom would stomp on the kitchen floor yelling for me to turn it down or turn it off when I was jamming out in the basement to Hey Joe, or Strutter, or Cant Get Enough Of Your Love...so I reckon its all about preferences.

This post has been edited by Travelin' Man: Jul 25 2007, 01:17 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 25 2007, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 24 2007, 09:51 PM) *
Or even Santana, or G. Rossington with his slide. I tried to listen to the others that you all like, and its just too much for me to enjoy. For me, it just doesnt have any heart or soul, no feeling at all...it just is.
But, it all brings to mind now when I was younger, my mom would stomp on the kitchen floor yelling for me to turn it down or turn it off when I was jamming out in the basement to Hey Joe, or Strutter, or Cant Get Enough Of Your Love...so I reckon its all about preferences.

Those are all great songs also, but you get the point biggrin.gif. We do it to annoy the parents tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:29 AM