You'r Opinion On This Amp Please! :), Behringer V-AMPIRE LX110
Iluha
Mar 15 2008, 10:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and my parents being clueless of what to buy me as a gift asked me what I would like to have, so I told them I could use a new amp, but knowing of their budget limit I asked them not to waste more than 300$.. I'm not worth it laugh.gif

So my dad looked around the web and saw this new amp by Behringer, the problem is that the amout of music shops here in Israel, and especially in the area I live in, is very small, so I can't hear it before buying it, and if I order it and I won't like it, I won't be able to return it..

So since I don't understand anything about amps, only by what I hear, I was hoping maybe some of you could look at the specs of this Amp, and tell me if it sounds good!
Here's the link: http://www.behringer.com/LX110/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Thanks in advance! and if you could go through the trouble of downloading the specs pdf file(I would list the specs here, but there's soooo many of them) and give me you'r analysis based on it I would much appriciate it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
chast
Mar 15 2008, 10:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I think you should give us some information of what kind of music you play, so we can find some other amps that you could buy.
I don't know anything of that Behringer amp, so I cant say something about it :/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 15 2008, 10:23 PM
Ive never heard that one... but i this one is very nice for 300... it has cound clips for you to hear

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lin...fier?sku=482272

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 15 2008, 11:08 PM
I have the spyder II 120 and i love it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 15 2008, 11:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well since you can't tryout that behringer I would not recommend you to buy it..Here they are famous for their unreliability and manufacturing defects..And all they do is make cheaper (less quality) copies of famous equipment..And even though that amp is full of some software simulations..I don't know, if your into simulations check that line6 amp I heard it and sounds cool and surly better than behringer one....And its much more powerfull and have 12" speaker wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 16 2008, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Mar 15 2008, 11:20 PM) *
I think you should give us some information of what kind of music you play, so we can find some other amps that you could buy.
I don't know anything of that Behringer amp, so I cant say something about it :/

OH right, I forgot to mention it.. I'm looking to get both a warm bluesy sound, as well as a decent metal sound and high-gain blues(Like Gary Moore and Steve Lukathere) sound, the clean is less important because I can produce a great clean tone with the equipment I allready have smile.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 15 2008, 11:23 PM) *
Ive never heard that one... but i this one is very nice for 300... it has cound clips for you to hear

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lin...fier?sku=482272

Wow it's defintly awesome, but here it costs not 300$ but about 500$ which is too much for me sad.gif do you have an opinion about line 6's 15watt amp? if it's even half as good as the 75 I think I might get it!

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Mar 16 2008, 12:37 AM) *
Well since you can't tryout that behringer I would not recommend you to buy it..Here they are famous for their unreliability and manufacturing defects..And all they do is make cheaper (less quality) copies of famous equipment..And even though that amp is full of some software simulations..I don't know, if your into simulations check that line6 amp I heard it and sounds cool and surly better than behringer one....And its much more powerfull and have 12" speaker wink.gif

Yeah it's exactly what I told my father.. I know about behringer unreliable reputation, I know a guitar shop network owner here that was the first to import behringer amps to Israel.. after one month of importing he stopped because of his dissapointment..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 16 2008, 08:53 PM
looks all right to me... unsure.gif
but hey. What do i know?

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 17 2008, 07:50 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I belive it's got the same "engine" as the Vamp-II pod thingy.

I hear a lot that Behringer got quality issues but I own a few things from Behringer and I have a friend who works in a pro studio that use items from Behringer and neither of us had any issues. So I just don't know what to belive, hear-say or what I've experienced.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2008, 07:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 17 2008, 07:50 PM) *
I belive it's got the same "engine" as the Vamp-II pod thingy.

I hear a lot that Behringer got quality issues but I own a few things from Behringer and I have a friend who works in a pro studio that use items from Behringer and neither of us had any issues. So I just don't know what to belive, hear-say or what I've experienced.

Well they have some good equipment like mixers, PA systems etc,DI-boxes etc..But as guitar/bass amps/cabs are concerned they don't shine there but you can find some stuff that works/sounds cool wink.gif It really depends , they have a large product pallet wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 17 2008, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Didn't Kai use a V-Amp? Sounded pretty good.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 23 2008, 01:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well I do use their amp (GRR888 for the money paid.. better then overpriced Marshallsh**s) and am just buying their VAmp effect processor... that Amp has the same processor included, so when I get my Vamp, Ill tell you ok? From what i heard, its definietly worth the money!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 23 2008, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 23 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Well I do use their amp (GRR888 for the money paid.. better then overpriced Marshallsh**s) and am just buying their VAmp effect processor... that Amp has the same processor included, so when I get my Vamp, Ill tell you ok? From what i heard, its definietly worth the money!

Sure man. waiting for that review smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:35 AM