> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Southern Metal Collab
mroberts70
Mar 27 2013, 05:08 AM
GMC:er
HA... got it finally.... and VonHotch can put another VonNotch in your gun belt cause you KILLED it! You sure you're from "Upstate New York" friend? Hmmmm... smile.gif

... off in the distance was indeed a curious sight.... it appeared to be what looked like a horse drawn coach meandering it's way toward town. Sitting atop was a burly man wearing a top hat and tails... and down the side of his coach read "Doc. VonHotch's Cure All".

Doc VonHotch rode right smack dab in the middle of town, gave the reins a yank and yelled WOAH Dammit! in a gruff voice, he paused for a second and with squinted eye he looked around to see if he had taken the interest of any onlookers... then locked in the wheel break and lit his cigar... all while paying mind to those who stared at him with that "skeptical dis-believing" look in their eye...

"That's right disbelievers, ol' Doc'll fix you right up.

Then with out warning, he spun around in his seat, pulled a single pin on his coach and all four sides dropped right down to the ground only to reveal the biggest damn Gatling gun anyone had ever seen....

Yes indeed disbelievers, step right up.... Ol' Doc VonHotch's got what'll cure you indeed....

It then became blatantly apparent to the other 10 roughnecks just exactly why Marshall Cosmin recruited Ol' Doc.... he had that certain charm that could easily steal the heart of even the meanest of fools.

As he started turning hand crank on his patented "cure al"l machine you could hear him say..... "trust me, I'm a Doctor"! :0

....didn't expect that did ya??? That's Chris, you just didn't see it coming.... then BAM! heh heh... wink.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 25 2013, 05:53 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 28 2013, 02:04 PM
This is hilarious. I am gonna have to go back and read the whole story I have not been keeping up. "Trust me, I'm a doctor" laugh.gif ....Good stuff, man!

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 27 2013, 04:08 AM) *
HA... got it finally.... and VonHotch can put another VonNotch in your gun belt cause you KILLED it! You sure you're from "Upstate New York" friend? Hmmmm... smile.gif

... off in the distance was indeed a curious sight.... it appeared to be what looked like a horse drawn coach meandering it's way toward town. Sitting atop was a burly man wearing a top hat and tails... and down the side of his coach read "Doc. VonHotch's Cure All".

Doc VonHotch rode right smack dab in the middle of town, gave the reins a yank and yelled WOAH Dammit! in a gruff voice, he paused for a second and with squinted eye he looked around to see if he had taken the interest of any onlookers... then locked in the wheel break and lit his cigar... all while paying mind to those who stared at him with that "skeptical dis-believing" look in their eye...

"That's right disbelievers, ol' Doc'll fix you right up.

Then with out warning, he spun around in his seat, pulled a single pin on his coach and all four sides dropped right down to the ground only to reveal the biggest damn Gatling gun anyone had ever seen....

Yes indeed disbelievers, step right up.... Ol' Doc VonHotch's got what'll cure you indeed....

It then became blatantly apparent to the other 10 roughnecks just exactly why Marshall Cosmin recruited Ol' Doc.... he had that certain charm that could easily steal the heart of even the meanest of fools.

As he started turning hand crank on his patented "cure al"l machine you could hear him say..... "trust me, I'm a Doctor"! :0

....didn't expect that did ya??? That's Chris, you just didn't see it coming.... then BAM! heh heh... wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 28 2013, 08:13 PM
Well you know Chris, I was trying to capture the essence of our very own VonHotch in knowing that you like to experient with different notes and sounds to doctor them up and see what you could come up with, so I figured the title Doc would be fitting. Plus once you've done that a bit and come up with a sic beat and some cool riffs.... no one would see it coming. smile.gif At least that was the idea... May have not quite made it there, but it was in mind at least. cool.gif

I'm going back through to see if I've missed anyone too since I had a day or two there where I was unable to browse the thread...

I believe I owe Patrik a character persona to which he may read this and say....uhhh no thanks man I'm good. lol

Anyhow, I may have to pick him with the stuff I'm giving to Cos since he is ready for this to be completed... So didn't forget about you Patrik...! though you may wish I had...

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 28 2013, 08:04 AM) *
This is hilarious. I am gonna have to go back and read the whole story I have not been keeping up. "Trust me, I'm a doctor" laugh.gif ....Good stuff, man!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 29 2013, 09:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Mar 28 2013, 07:13 PM) *
Well you know Chris, I was trying to capture the essence of our very own VonHotch in knowing that you like to experient with different notes and sounds to doctor them up and see what you could come up with, so I figured the title Doc would be fitting. Plus once you've done that a bit and come up with a sic beat and some cool riffs.... no one would see it coming. smile.gif At least that was the idea... May have not quite made it there, but it was in mind at least. cool.gif

I'm going back through to see if I've missed anyone too since I had a day or two there where I was unable to browse the thread...

I believe I owe Patrik a character persona to which he may read this and say....uhhh no thanks man I'm good. lol

Anyhow, I may have to pick him with the stuff I'm giving to Cos since he is ready for this to be completed... So didn't forget about you Patrik...! though you may wish I had...

Mark is a man on a mission! I will send a list with everyone today, ok? So that we make sure we won't miss anybody biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 29 2013, 02:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Just make sure you don't miss me...

not that it happened in the past at one of your collabs wink.gif ...but just make sure it doesn't happen this time laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Mar 29 2013, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 29 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Just make sure you don't miss me...

not that it happened in the past at one of your collabs wink.gif ...but just make sure it doesn't happen this time laugh.gif

With or without you.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 29 2013, 05:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Mar 29 2013, 01:19 PM) *
With or without you.

... oooo oohhh I can't liiiive laugh.gif No man! I already got yer take settled in the DAW tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2013, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Ready???

Here it is!!

Thanks to everyone for participating and especially to Mr Roberts for taking care of the storytelling and to all of you for your fine playing and energy you brought to this collab!

AK Rich - I just couldn't live with myself if I wouldn't've let your take do the talking for almost the entire length of the track. Great slide playing sir!

Cosmin - Tried to emulate a little slide playing - finger style - so it would sound more organic biggrin.gif

DeGroot - another incredibly genuine take which I loved very much! Hats off, mate!

Dieterle - I teamed you up with DG so that you could add a great ending to the double effort take! I think you caught a few very nice phrases man!

Patrik Berg and vonhotch - it can't get any better than this for an intro! I think that your takes complemented each other so well in the intro, that I had to use them both as in some sort of a dialogue!

jstcrsn - mate, I have used your take for the body of the piece after Patrik and vonhotch set the atmosphere. I like the energy, but you should focus on the phrasing a little bit more!

mroberts70 - great story once again man! And the mid part of your take fit like a glove in here! I liked it, but as a suggestion, you could focus on the direction in your playing for the future, you tend to hold the playing in one place some times - hope I am being clear enough smile.gif

Guitarrero - Christian already knows that I always liked his endings for my collabs and this one made no exception, although it was just the ending of one cycle biggrin.gif Thanks for being consistent mate wink.gif

Gregc1 - great groovy riff and playing man, I really enjoyed your take as well!

Sensible Jones - another slider here - I caught some really genuine slide playing in your take as well, my friend, congratulations!

Slavenko Eraser - Slav's first collab with my crew! Congrats and thanks for providing the perfect piece to end the whole track! I liked the effect and the playing. In the rest of the take though, you should focus less on shredding and more on phrasing and melody, in orderto have a stronger direction!

Gentlemen, it was VERY hard to select the best pieces and come up with a fairly short track - this is the shortest I could get, cross my heart biggrin.gif

See you in the next collab - available this Friday! biggrin.gif

Thank you all again and I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 3 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks Cosmin, u put this all together very nice.

I like the idea that there's a written story behind this (Thanks to Rob ), instead of just video of us playing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 3 2013, 08:29 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Yeeee-haw! I reckon this posse will be riding off into the sunset after this dust storm. biggrin.gif Thanks to Coz and Rob for the showdown. Let's see what the Marshall has in store for us next?? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 3 2013, 09:48 PM
Well done Cowboys..some nice playing all the way through... Sheriff Lupu did you all proud...I loved the character descriptions...It would have been hard to write better...And this guys mother tongue isn't English...That has to be applauded.

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Apr 3 2013, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 3 2013, 10:03 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow what a killer mix Cosmin, and a storyline to boot Mark! Thanks alot guys and great job fellow Axe Slingers!
This was well worth the wait cool.gif See ya at the Hoedown!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 3 2013, 10:07 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 3 2013, 10:03 PM) *
Wow what a killer mix Cosmin, and a storyline to boot Mark! Thanks alot guys and great job fellow Axe Slingers!
This was well worth the wait cool.gif See ya at the Hoedown!

Ok so that was Marks Story ohmy.gif ...Nicely written Mark...no less points for it being your mother toungue. smile.gif And Cosmin still gets praise for speaking good English and doing a superb mix!!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2013, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Thank you once again gentlemen! Couldn't've done it without you all!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2013, 01:29 PM
Well done Marshall and all the other six-string slingers that were involved!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The Lone Drifter has left a bottle of Ol' Red Eye on the Bar for y'all and is now riding out of Town against the sunset headed for the next Collaboration!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2013, 07:32 AM
Instructor
Thank you SJ! Be ready for the next one then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:27 AM