Line 6 Vetta Hd (quick And Dirty Playthrough), Meshuggah used these amps for a while and I can see why.
Todd Simpson
Sep 28 2012, 02:45 AM
GMC:er
The BIG BOTTOM patch has tons of crunch. The head is like having a POD stuffed in to a 200 Watt amp because that's basically what it is. It has two fully programmable Amp/Fx chains that you can stack/combine for all sorts of routing fun.

You can get these amps for a song (no pun intended) on ebay and they are really hard to beat for the money. For the Price of a Pod floor unit, you can get 200 watt head with tons of effects/amp sims/speaker sims etc. You can record direct with it or run it to a speaker cab.

MESHUGGAH used to run direct out of their VETTA head and in to the PA/sound system during live shows. They have switched to AXE FX but used these on the road for years and still have them in their practice space.

This amp cost me $265 which is just an amazing deal. It's got the upgraded firmware so it's the same as a VETTA II which was the series after this. I LOVE amps sims and such as everyone knows, and this amp is like having amplitude/guitar rig/etc. built in to a high powered amp. It's a tweakers dream smile.gif If you like simple amps, DO NOT GET ONE OF THESE. This is a complex rig.

SIGNAL CHAIN
Dean ML > LINE 6 VETTA HD > RAVEN Microphone > Quicktime Software Video Recorder

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 28 2012, 02:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 28 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
That sounds meaty as !!! cool.gif

Hell of a bottom end on that first tone !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the test mate! I have never listened to this amp so now I know how it sounds. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 28 2012, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
That's the MESHUGGAH patch called BIG BOTTOM which is based on a Mesa and the secret sauce of a RIVERA BIG BOTTOM SUB

http://www.rivera.com/products/powsub/sub2.php
Attached Image

I'm only using a RAVEN To record it so it didn't pick up all bass believe it or not. I"ve added my large element condenser mic and it really picks it up. More play through coming.

Attached Image

These old Vetta heads are such a great bargain. About the price of a used floor pod. And they used to be crazy pricey.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 28 2012, 05:22 AM) *
That sounds meaty as !!! cool.gif

Hell of a bottom end on that first tone !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:38 AM