How Many Of You Work Out Or Play Sports?, only for the muscleist muscle members
GuitarStar997
Oct 27 2008, 11:08 AM
GMC:er
i was just wondering how many of you work out or play sports, haha because other than guitar athletics is definatly my top hobbie, and it seems as if theres always been a seperation between music and sports (idk maybe just at my school)
so what sports do you guys play? (or have played on actual teams)
i play basketball soccer track and field and am starting hockey
~Eric

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jesse
Oct 27 2008, 11:12 AM
biggrin.gif Good to ask, I haven't played sports in years. I once did martial arts, but now I just go to the gym 2 times a week to work out. Weights, cardio, everything, six-pack FTW.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
2mazzo
Oct 27 2008, 11:23 AM
I go to the gym 5 times a week to lift weights.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP M-I/FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic
Kimbara Classical

Amp: Kustom Quad 100DFX 100watt 2x12" Combo

Gear: Line6 Pod XT Live with all model packs

Midi controller: M-Audio Ozone

Software: RiffWorks, Cubase SX, Cubase Sequel and Guitar Pro 5.

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 27 2008, 11:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey good question. I work out every second day in the week int the gym. And i play table tennis in a team.
So i do sports every day:)

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 27 2008, 11:40 AM
Instructor
I try to go to the gym at least 2 times a week. Mostly cardio stuff...

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Oxac
Oct 27 2008, 11:40 AM
Man do I work out? I'm a real stallion ya know!! (just kidding)

Actually I ran a couple of miles yesterday. That's the first time since before the summer... I just don't have time for it and when I don't really have time for somethig, it's impossible to find motivation. But I used to work out pretty much, at one time I worked out every day (paddling canoe). I was pretty good and actually won the National Swedish Competiion once. But from then, it was just downhill. I started practising capoeira for a while, it was awesome but it costs like 1/4 of my income so I had to skip it. I then started going to the gym, did so for a while. Working out approx 3-4 times a week. I then had a break for a month or two and started practising Jiujitsu, which is very fun and so but I can't find the time anymore... Good luck with your traning everybody.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Mr T
Oct 27 2008, 12:12 PM
I didn't practise any sports until 2 years ago... now I'm addicted and can't picture ever stopping. I play floorball/unihockey 3 to 4 times a week and I'm into running, which I used to hate, but have grown to love.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 27 2008, 12:24 PM
Muscles look disgusting so I don't work out. I just try and stay thin by walking lots but that doesn't work much biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 27 2008, 12:39 PM
I try to work out everyday, with weights and cardio. I ran track and cross country in high school, before that I played basketball a lot. I try to stay in shape for health reasons, there are many health problems that run in my family so it's important for me. Oh, and dieting is also very important for me, more so than working out.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 27 2008, 12:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've wanted to join a sportsteam.. Basketball for example! But the neighbourhood I love in and the people who live here kills all motivation -.-

I work out anyway, though. I run some times a week, and do random strength stuff like situps, pushups and other stuff I don't really know what's called...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 27 2008, 12:43 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I work out here and there....i'm trying to prepare my body a bit to begin the P90X workout-which is quite intense. I love the feeling i get from a workout biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 27 2008, 01:05 PM
I was once obsessional with working out. I really only work out my drinking ability and fingers these days hahaha

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Oct 27 2008, 01:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Well I tend play golf once a week if possible (weather permitting atm) so a good 3.5 hours out in the fresh air and walking 4-5mls with a golf bag on my back is enough for me.

Though I need to do some training prior to hitting the mountains for the skiing season. I like to be supple rather than have muscle. Thinking about going swiming again tho.

Given up on weights and football as my back and knees aren't great and I don't want to be crippled with back & knee pain in later life.

I tend to eat sensibly and not drink too much beer, I find thats the biggest culprit ;-)

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 27 2008, 01:08 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Oct 27 2008, 12:06 PM) *
I tend to eat sensibly and not drink too much beer, I find thats the biggest culprit ;-)

Definitely- i've just kicked alcohol altogether...as a student that is a little strange but i'm sure there'll be health and money benefits.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 27 2008, 01:19 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Oct 27 2008, 06:39 AM) *
I try to work out everyday, with weights and cardio. I ran track and cross country in high school, before that I played basketball a lot. I try to stay in shape for health reasons, there are many health problems that run in my family so it's important for me. Oh, and dieting is also very important for me, more so than working out.

similar for me. I have done a lot of things. Over the past 5 years primarily 30 minutes a day on the Schwin AirDyne bike, and also doing power yoga. Things that don't take much setup time. I used to swim for years, but you have to go out and drive, and etc. and you end up spending twice as much time, so now I do what I can do at home. I love the Airdyne bike, have 3 of them actually, they are incredible. Great for you, even 70 cycle per second takes effort to sustain, so it builds up strength in your lower body (lower abs and legs) as well as cardio.
I do it for (1) Health (2) High energy/vitality, and (3) Vanity, in that order. Well maybe vanity is tied with high/energy/vitality. But health is definitely #1.

Try the new no-fat+ milk. They put some things in it that are healthy, and that make it taste as good as 1 or 2% milk. Which really helps if you like milk. I basically don't eat processed foods (except whole wheat grains and a few things) and never fast food. I keep fat intake and salt below the FDA recommended (which means you have to watch it a lot closer than most people are willing to). I liked milk, and that new fatfree+ stuff is great, even in coffee. I get it in a grocery store here, same price and normal milk.

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Oct 27 2008, 04:25 PM
I go to the gym 3 times a week.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 27 2008, 04:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Playing Squash ones a week, and if I don't have an injury playing up I am running around several times a week.

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 27 2008, 04:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I play football(soccer) every weekend, and do yoga three times per week.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 27 2008, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Great topic first of all smile.gif

I use to do basketball professionally for 6 years then I switched to Football (soccer for our usa members;). In the meanwhile was going to gym on regular basis 5 times a week sometimes 3 or 4 but not less - doing cardio (treadmill boxing jumping rope) and doing abs with some basic definition.
I stopped going to gym probably 3-4 months ago because I am very busy and cant find 2 hours in my day to fit the gym with practicing recording for gmc , recording for students teaching privately playing in my town watching football games and hanging out with friends family and girls smile.gif
So I have decided to buy a fitness bicycle ! Winter is coming right around the corner so it will be very helpful. It costs up to 200$ here in Serbia and I plan to get one really soon - yay biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Oct 27 2008, 06:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 27 2008, 06:14 PM
i workout every other day and run every off day.. smile.gif trying to add 20 pounds so i can play water polo next year smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:40 PM