Back To School/uni?, Anyone tried online degree programs?
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2012, 08:35 PM
GMC:er
I"m thinking about going to back to school to complete my education this fall after a looooong break. I"ve got a Masters Degree (the bit after the first stint at university) but I don't have a "Terminal Degree" which (in the states) is called an M.F.A or PhD. You need one of these degrees to get a nice gig a university here. I have taught at the College and Grad level as an "Adjunct" E.G. Part timer, but without that terminal degree, it mostly stops there.

So I'm actually thinking of doing an online program like the one from SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) which is a spiff school here in the region.

Anyone had experience with online schooling? Gotten a degree for example?

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 30 2012, 10:43 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I haven't Todd but I do some post graduate marking and PhD examinations for a UK University. The post graduate is all distance learning, they have local tutor support but they submit their essays, exams and final dissertation electronically on-line. I exam PhDs in person and usually supervise them the normal way but I have supervised a couple at distance.

I did my masters, PhD and my D Litt. the normal way but with the PhD I got little actual supervision/support since my supervisor was always away at conferences so it may as well as been at a distance.If you are happy managing and direct ing your own work and also are able to critique it then go for it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2012, 03:20 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for the information Toni smile.gif I knew there would be someone who's gone down this road. I"m going to apply for on campus and online degrees and see which one works out as far as offer/aid etc.

Todd

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 30 2012, 04:43 AM) *
I haven't Todd but I do some post graduate marking and PhD examinations for a UK University. The post graduate is all distance learning, they have local tutor support but they submit their essays, exams and final dissertation electronically on-line. I exam PhDs in person and usually supervise them the normal way but I have supervised a couple at distance.

I did my masters, PhD and my D Litt. the normal way but with the PhD I got little actual supervision/support since my supervisor was always away at conferences so it may as well as been at a distance.If you are happy managing and direct ing your own work and also are able to critique it then go for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:57 AM