Finally A Wireless Sysem I Like
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2019, 02:39 AM
GMC:er
I'm selling my SHURE wireless system and keeping this new one I found. I read some good reviews on it and it was so inexpensive, I thought id try it. $70 from Amazon. It's a Chinese builder who I had not heard of before now. I'm now a fan. There is no base station, no rack, just a small transmitter and small reciever. They charge via USB. It's one button operation. Just turn them on and bam it works. Battery lasts me 7 hours per charge.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 7 2019, 02:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2019, 07:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That looks great Todd, I'll deffo look at it when my G10 dies.

What I do like about my G10 though is that the receiver/charge is desktop which I know, need a psu BUT it has 1/4 AND xlr out so I send the 1/4 to helix and trx to Scarlett for a dry signal or I can do a quick swap on the desktop to send the xlr to my amp for old school guitar /amp only, or the 1/4 out from my Helix is ready by my amp too ready to go into the return.

Pretty flexible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2019, 08:39 PM
Handy smile.gif But of course, the Helix, like my old 11 rack, can record dry and wet tracks at the same time to different tracks in your DAW just using the USB out of the Helix. For the amp, you could do routing internally on your helix and just keep one output jack for clean and one for going to the amp/dirty if you like. The Helix has wads of of routing ability. I have a vague memory of going down this road before and it not quite working out for some reason?It's handy that the usb lets you record dry and wet at once without needing additional hardware. I've got a LOGIC project set up that way by default for work with the 11. That way there is always a dry track that I can go back and "re amp" with Overloud.
I have not tried this with my ampero yet. Im curious if it can do the same. smile.gif

I also noticed that I can lleave my receiver unit plugged in via usb/power so that the receiver can act like a regular plugged in base station so I don't have to worry about it ever losing power. I just power on/off the transmitter.
The AMPERO and the SWIFF wireless are a complete rig and it fits in a Gig Bag! It's also a complete recording rig as well with the usb interface. It's amazing how small the entire rig is. No cables needed, just one power cord and bam!
Now that I'm thinking about it I remember a long discussion about you using the scarlett instead of using the built in usb recording from the Helix. Remind me again, did usb recording not work correctly or something?

Attached Image
*It's hard to believe that this much gear used to take up my entire rolling rack. Processor, floor controller, wireless unit, additional preamps for the fx loop of the processor, etc. Now it's all smaller than a 13 inch netbook and fits in the pocket of a gig bag.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2019, 02:49 PM) *
That looks great Todd, I'll deffo look at it when my G10 dies.

What I do like about my G10 though is that the receiver/charge is desktop which I know, need a psu BUT it has 1/4 AND xlr out so I send the 1/4 to helix and trx to Scarlett for a dry signal or I can do a quick swap on the desktop to send the xlr to my amp for old school guitar /amp only, or the 1/4 out from my Helix is ready by my amp too ready to go into the return.

Pretty flexible.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 8 2019, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2019, 08:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah it is a good little unit for sure.

Regarding the Helix and USB, a while back I was getting issues with USB and Helix so I went old school, xlr L/R out to Scarlett. and for dry signal, xlr out of receiver to Scarlett. Quick swap, dry guitar to amp or 1/4 jack from Helix in amp return.

I can't remember what the issues were but it was a total ball ache, things kept on changing, I did post about it here and on the Helix official forum.

Cheers for sharing this info buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2019, 09:19 PM
I do remember you using the phrase " ball ache" !! smile.gif It was a bit of a pain and it seemed like there was no clear answer if I remember correctly. I know that they have updated the firmware a few times since then, hopefully now they have worked out all of the kinks. Of course, now that you have an entirely built up system for getting clean/dirty using an entirely different interface, now it probably works fine smile.gif Murphys law will out!!

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 8 2019, 03:59 PM) *
Yeah it is a good little unit for sure.

Regarding the Helix and USB, a while back I was getting issues with USB and Helix so I went old school, xlr L/R out to Scarlett. and for dry signal, xlr out of receiver to Scarlett. Quick swap, dry guitar to amp or 1/4 jack from Helix in amp return.

I can't remember what the issues were but it was a total ball ache, things kept on changing, I did post about it here and on the Helix official forum.

Cheers for sharing this info buddy wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 13 2019, 11:47 AM
Learning Roadie
There are a lot of chinese wireless systems with this format, it's hard to know if they are all the same or if some are better than others.

I recently bought the Line 6 G30 which is about 3x the price of this but so far so good. The only gripe is the battery compartment door which isn't great and has caused the odd brief moment of the transmitter turning off and back on. Since putting the transmitter on my strap that hasn't happened.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2019, 08:26 AM
I've heard good things about G30. I wanted one that was cheap to buy, and that was usb charged on both transmitter and reciever and that didn't need space in my rack or floor board. I found a ton of units like this one that look almost exactly the same. Evidently some of them are first gen units that have not yet been upgraded and have some sort of lag issue. Ones based on this chip set have that sorted out. I researched a bit on the web to make sure this one was one of the upgraded units casue yeah there are a TON of these and they look exactly the same. I think one builder makes them and then sub vendors brand them.

I've started leaving the receiver plugged in to the ampero and the usb cable plugged in to the receiver unit. That way it's always on and ready to go. I just turn the transmitter on and off via the button on the front. I dont keep a strap on my main guitar typically so I was looking for a unit that didn't need to be strap mounted and was small enough to just fold against the body of the guitar and didn't have any lag. This was the only choice left. I was happy to find out it was a good unit once I got it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 13 2019, 06:47 AM) *
There are a lot of chinese wireless systems with this format, it's hard to know if they are all the same or if some are better than others.

I recently bought the Line 6 G30 which is about 3x the price of this but so far so good. The only gripe is the battery compartment door which isn't great and has caused the odd brief moment of the transmitter turning off and back on. Since putting the transmitter on my strap that hasn't happened.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 20 2019, 03:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool, I did look at the ones that are in that format, but as you can't change the channel it meant it wouldn't work well for me playing with others, especially playing in different places where you can't demand others change their wireless mic set ups etc

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2019, 05:59 AM
Thats very true. I think thats why its so inexpensive. It's mean for home use, recording, practicing. I usually go for a cable in Live situations just to avoid all the issues with wireless ince everyone else has one and usually several folks on the one good channel that has no interference. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 14 2019, 03:26 AM) *
I've heard good things about G30. I wanted one that was cheap to buy, and that was usb charged on both transmitter and reciever and that didn't need space in my rack or floor board. I found a ton of units like this one that look almost exactly the same. Evidently some of them are first gen units that have not yet been upgraded and have some sort of lag issue. Ones based on this chip set have that sorted out. I researched a bit on the web to make sure this one was one of the upgraded units casue yeah there are a TON of these and they look exactly the same. I think one builder makes them and then sub vendors brand them.

I've started leaving the receiver plugged in to the ampero and the usb cable plugged in to the receiver unit. That way it's always on and ready to go. I just turn the transmitter on and off via the button on the front. I dont keep a strap on my main guitar typically so I was looking for a unit that didn't need to be strap mounted and was small enough to just fold against the body of the guitar and didn't have any lag. This was the only choice left. I was happy to find out it was a good unit once I got it smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 PM