Michael Angelo Batio
InstruMental Cas...
Dec 12 2007, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, I'm back after a month away in Canada and the UK. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do around the forum - lots of great topics while I was away!

Anyway, when I was in London I got a chance to meet and interview the Shredlord, Michael Angelo Batio. Check it out:

http://instrumentalcase.com/MAB.aspx

If you're a fan of MAB's, shoot me an email to put your name in a drawing to win a new signed poster of Michael.

MAB also has a new CD out. Sort of...

"2 X Again features songs from MAB’s classic No Boundaries and Planet Gemini CDs re mixed, re mastered and the drums performed by young drum virtuoso Joe Babiak. Also included are various interludes and demos recorded during the No Boundaries sessions that are a must have for MAB fans. The mix and production of 2 X Again are amazing. Chris Djuricic (HWS CD) tracked the drums and mixed the entire CD. James Murphy (ex Testament, Death guitarist) mastered the CD. "

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Feb 14 2008, 03:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 12 2007, 11:18 PM
in. Batio is my favorite shred guy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 12 2007, 11:19 PM
Instructor
Nice, good for you instrumental case, Michael is a great player! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 12 2007, 11:21 PM
Instructor
Amazing m8! I dropped you an e-mail wink.gif Thanks for that interview - i love MAB! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 12 2007, 11:25 PM
Awesome.. you went to canada for a course on Acoustic Guitar construction right? how was it?

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 12 2007, 11:45 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I met him in Semniole, Florida. Talked with him a great bunch, and man hes a great guy, really friendly and i even got his autograph.

Awesome you got to interview him!!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 12 2007, 11:46 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 13 2007, 12:02 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Congrats on the interview InstruMental Case and nice to see you safely back smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 13 2007, 12:27 AM
really good interview man, MAB rocks!! And its good to have you back! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Dec 13 2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks a lot everbody!

QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 12 2007, 04:25 PM) *
Awesome.. you went to canada for a course on Acoustic Guitar construction right? how was it?

Yeah, it was really great. Maybe I'll do a blog on it or something? For now, all I can say is that it was the hardest thing I've ever done! 17+ hours in the shop, 6-7 days a week, for over a month. I'll upload some pics later if anyone is interested. For now, here's my first build right near the end of the course around final neck adjustment and fretting:

Sitka spruce top, ziracote back and sides, mahogany neck, ziracote fingerboard, ziracote bridge, maple/ziracote head veneer, ziracote / paduke rosette, blah, blah, large sideport, blah, blah, willow and Dave's blood liners, spruce braces and plates, NYLON STRINGS (<- That's important). tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 15 2007, 02:37 AM
Instructor
Welcome back,great interview tho!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:55 PM