Natural Harmonics On Eag Strings, Possibly because...
Ayen
Oct 19 2007, 04:20 AM
GMC:er
I've been trying to play the solo to Historical Failure, but I can't get the natural harmonic on the required string. For some reason, I've been having trouble with harmonics altogether on the EAG strings. I use D'Addario 9-42's, if that makes a difference.

The only issue I can see is that my bridge is a bit off, but barely visible enough to notice. I'm going to fix it today, but I'm putting it off 'till later.

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 19 2007, 09:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, i would say fix the bridge (just because), and secondly, on the thicker strings i thought it was tougher at first, but its timing more than anything, along with where you hit the string, experiment with different parts of the string.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 19 2007, 11:25 PM
GMC:er
Well sometimes certain guitars arent as good for certain things perhaps harmonics on your part, so what kind of guitar are you playing? But before you come to that conclusion, if you arent able to play a natural harmonic well, you should practice them, perhaps on another guitar. Try searching for some lessons on it.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 19 2007, 04:44 AM) *
Well, i would say fix the bridge (just because), and secondly, on the thicker strings i thought it was tougher at first, but its timing more than anything, along with where you hit the string, experiment with different parts of the string.

As for the thicker strings being harder to do it on, i think you are refering to artificial harmonics, natural harmonics should be fairly easy on all strings.

Here is a link to Pavel's lesson on both types of harmonics, i recommend you practice it until you feel you have improved to where you can play them well, hope it helps!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...onics/index.htm

-Dave

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Oct 19 2007, 11:29 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:39 PM