8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Schwarzenegger Collab !
Ben Higgins
Dec 29 2012, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 29 2012, 03:14 PM) *
I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas???
ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh.. I broke the golden rule didn't I ??? rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 29 2012, 07:06 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (dark dude @ Dec 28 2012, 10:20 AM) *
[attachment=29995:arnie_dd.wmv]
[attachment=29994:arnie_dd.mp3]

As promised wink.gif I realise that it sounds like there's a section missing at the end, but it's all I could think of having only found out about this a few hours ago - apologies!

-Adam

The Dark Dude lives!! ph34r.gif Welcome back Double D! Nice take man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 29 2012, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 29 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Oh.. I broke the golden rule didn't I ??? rolleyes.gif

The first rule of Bencollab Club..........
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 29 2012, 09:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 29 2012, 08:19 PM) *
The first rule of Bencollab Club..........
biggrin.gif

Breaking my own rules... why do I keep doing this ? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 29 2012, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 29 2012, 08:24 PM) *

Ben plays by his own rules, nobody else's........ not even his own smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 29 2012, 09:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 29 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Ben plays by his own rules, nobody else's........ not even his own smile.gif

Actually, I like that ! Thanks, that was the excuse I needed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2012, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 29 2012, 12:24 PM) *
ohmy.gif

Martians attack Terminator!

Cool stuff !

hahaha good tittle for a movie. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 31 2012, 06:05 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 29 2012, 08:24 PM) *

Because rules is meant to be broke!!!
tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2013, 11:17 AM
Instructor
Comrades - it is here !!!

AK RICH - Love the use of whammy on this, it's got a real Jason Becker feel !! Just watch out for them sharp bends, you don't wanna cut yourself !!

TODD SIMPSON - Wow, this just bursts out of nowhere, straight in your face ! That mask helps deliver the message, which should be 'Don't f*** with T. Simpson'

SPASEMOONKEY - Love the way you mirror the riff your own way and those natural harmonics sound amazing.The 'shivering' whammy notes also rock maximum butt !

WEEPEE - A very controlled take from you, sir. You've used the rhythm and emphasised some mid tempo melodies which works very well. Those bends at the end are great, very Chris Poland.

GITARRERO - What can one possibly say that hasn't been said already about The Hef ?? Attitude by the truck loads. I love the way you start this take.. even if there was no video it would still sound like a strafing machine gun. Nice work !

BAS CUTHACH - Nice use of pentatonics here and those tapping licks are a welcome addition. The tone is interesting though. It sounds like you've plugged into a wasp's nest ! If you can get a less fizzy tone which is thicker, with more mid it'll make a massive difference. Great work on the playing side.

JTSCRN - Well, with that gun sitting there, obviously your solo was the best ! As a mentioned earlier in the thread, I think the atonal approach works well, even if that's not what you were going for. Belive it or not, it reminds me of Morbid Angel (which you'll probably like even less !) I would add more variation alongside the arpeggios to break it up and keep things interesting.

H4H - Lovely intro to this.. just what the doctor ordered ! Interspersing your runs with slower licks and bends is a brilliant approach and it's a bit like a snake slithering over this lumbering, heavy backing track. Sometimes it crawls and then it strikes !

OPETHOLIC - I really dig these opening notes you choose, it works so well melodically ! Those Skolnick diminshed 5th licks at the end are also really tasty, it definitely wouldn't hurt if they become part of your repertoire !

SLAVENKO - 'Death to False Metal' cries the Serb Bad Boy ! Somehow, you manage to make these 'wrong' notes sound right ! By the second bend and phrase, I'm getting a Kirk Hammet vibe (I'm sure you'll hate that). I think it's because you play these notes with conviction which makes all the difference to the listener - great stuff !

GABRIEL LEOPARDI - Are you new at GMC ? You seem to be quite good. If you need any lesson suggestions don't hesitate to ask one of us around here. Although it looks like you don't need any help.
KILLER TAKE, GAB !!

MAREK ROJEWSKI - I love this solo. The opening chords, the sweeps to the unexpected pinch harmonic when you go up high.. a masterclass in itself. You should be proud, Sir ! I know I am.

NIMRANDIR - Damn, so when did you give lessons to Michael Romeo ? He's obviously been nicking a few of your licks over the years ! Seriously great take, those tapping licks really blast out of nowhere and sound real slippery. Very Paul Gilbert vibrato too. Epic stuff.

DARK DUDE - I love the seedy, untrustworthy sound of the diminished 5th you're using here. This is a real back alley solo ! Like a shady guy who hangs around dark streets and sells guitar solos for a price... that ending sweep is heroic !!

SENSIBLE JONES - At some point here you actually start remidning me of Jeff Beck with the tone and phrasing. It really works and stands out from all the more modal stuff that's been happening elsewhere. It's got a real groove and that keyboard track adds to the driving sound of it all. Sensible indeed !

Guys, it was an honour to work with you. You all rule. Enough said. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 2 2013, 11:33 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2013, 11:17 AM) *
SLAVENKO - 'Death to False Metal' cries the Serb Bad Boy ! Somehow, you manage to make these 'wrong' notes sound right ! By the second bend and phrase, I'm getting a Kirk Hammet vibe (I'm sure you'll hate that). I think it's because you play these notes with conviction which makes all the difference to the listener - great stuff !

Great final product ,i did my best (almost), and Hammet was not that bad back in the 80's ,thank you biggrin.gif

We finally get a chance to see Ben's Big Marshall head in big plan in this video Finally!!

Btw.What are the "wrong notes" , there's no such expression in the dictionary!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jan 2 2013, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 2 2013, 12:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
GITARRERO - What can one possibly say that hasn't been said already about The Hef ?? Attitude by the truck loads. I love the way you start this take.. even if there was no video it would still sound like a strafing machine gun. Nice work !

Haha, thanks Ben!

You know, I've got this weird form of red light anxiety where I, instead of messing things up badly, simply become an attitude animal laugh.gif

Looking forward to your next collab my friend! I know we always think at the end of the collab that it can't become any better, yet everytime all of us are delivering even cooler takes for even cooler backings wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! I'm impressed of the final version of this collab!! It's killer! I'm so proud of being part. I just shared it at my Facebook. smile.gif
and Ben, you did an awesome edition job. Well done!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
azureus
Jan 2 2013, 01:56 PM
ohmy.gif Wow ,guy's well done!
It's a verry cool mix.almost a litle story !

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 2 2013, 02:09 PM
Learning Tone Master

JTSCRN - Well, with that gun sitting there, obviously your solo was the best !

I do not now at this time or any other time acknowledge any wrong doing, coercion , threatening or any unlawful acts and in the strongest terms deny any and all allegations of any misdoings along with retaining my right to use another strongly worded post

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 2 2013, 02:51 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 2 2013, 01:09 PM) *
I do not now at this time or any other time acknowledge any wrong doing, coercion , threatening or any unlawful acts and in the strongest terms deny any and all allegations of any misdoings along with retaining my right to use another strongly worded post

ROFL!!! Another paranoid like myself.... I would have felt the need for a disclaimer as well, especially these days!!

Excellent Collab Guys!! All of these were awesome!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 2 2013, 04:13 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2013, 02:17 PM) *
WEEPEE - A very controlled take from you, sir. You've used the rhythm and emphasised some mid tempo melodies which works very well. Those bends at the end are great, very Chris Poland.

Thank you man cool.gif

Am I the only one who had big smile when Gitarrenator's part came up laugh.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 2 2013, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 2 2013, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2013, 10:17 AM) *
SENSIBLE JONES - At some point here you actually start remidning me of Jeff Beck with the tone and phrasing. It really works and stands out from all the more modal stuff that's been happening elsewhere. It's got a real groove and that keyboard track adds to the driving sound of it all. Sensible indeed !

Wow, praise indeed!! Thanks Ben! Brilliant work by everyone and especially you for putting it all together!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jan 2 2013, 06:15 PM
One Word "Awesome"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2013, 06:26 PM
This was truly an EPIC collar! Everyone had some seriously TERMINATOR worthy takes smile.gif Great job guys and great job Ben!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 2 2013, 05:17 AM) *

AK RICH - Love the use of whammy on this, it's got a real Jason Becker feel !! Just watch out for them sharp bends, you don't wanna cut yourself !!

TODD SIMPSON - Wow, this just bursts out of nowhere, straight in your face ! That mask helps deliver the message, which should be 'Don't f*** with T. Simpson'

SPASEMOONKEY - Love the way you mirror the riff your own way and those natural harmonics sound amazing.The 'shivering' whammy notes also rock maximum butt !

BAS CUTHACH - Nice use of pentatonics here and those tapping licks are a welcome addition. The tone is interesting though. It sounds like you've plugged into a wasp's nest ! If you can get a less fizzy tone which is thicker, with more mid it'll make a massive difference. Great work on the playing side.

JTSCRN - Well, with that gun sitting there, obviously your solo was the best ! As a mentioned earlier in the thread, I think the atonal approach works well, even if that's not what you were going for. Belive it or not, it reminds me of Morbid Angel (which you'll probably like even less !) I would add more variation alongside the arpeggios to break it up and keep things interesting.

H4H - Lovely intro to this.. just what the doctor ordered ! Interspersing your runs with slower licks and bends is a brilliant approach and it's a bit like a snake slithering over this lumbering, heavy backing track. Sometimes it crawls and then it strikes !

OPETHOLIC - I really dig these opening notes you choose, it works so well melodically ! Those Skolnick diminshed 5th licks at the end are also really tasty, it definitely wouldn't hurt if they become part of your repertoire !

GABRIEL LEOPARDI - Are you new at GMC ? You seem to be quite good. If you need any lesson suggestions don't hesitate to ask one of us around here. Although it looks like you don't need any help.
KILLER TAKE, GAB !!

MAREK ROJEWSKI - I love this solo. The opening chords, the sweeps to the unexpected pinch harmonic when you go up high.. a masterclass in itself. You should be proud, Sir ! I know I am.

NIMRANDIR - Damn, so when did you give lessons to Michael Romeo ? He's obviously been nicking a few of your licks over the years ! Seriously great take, those tapping licks really blast out of nowhere and sound real slippery. Very Paul Gilbert vibrato too. Epic stuff.

DARK DUDE - I love the seedy, untrustworthy sound of the diminished 5th you're using here. This is a real back alley solo ! Like a shady guy who hangs around dark streets and sells guitar solos for a price... that ending sweep is heroic !!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 2 2013, 06:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 2 2013, 04:13 PM) *
Am I the only one who had big smile when Gitarrenator's part came up laugh.gif

Haha, thanks my friend biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:31 PM