Help With Recording Gear (cakewalk), Trying to get cakewalk to work, but can't
ibfuelish
Sep 19 2007, 11:53 AM
GMC:er
Hi everybody,

I am simply trying to get my amp hooked up to my computer in such a way that I can record a track and then play it back.

I had purchased Protools Mini, but found it wasn't compatible with my computers chipset... so I then purchased Cakewalk, which should be... a ... CAKEWALK, but its not.

First, to get the amp (line6 spider III) hooked to the computer I bought a simple dual input box called FASTRACK which allows a guitar and a mic input. That box USB's to the computer.

The Cakewalk software accepts the guitar input, but of course the amp itself doesn't play anything due to being hooked to the box. (kinda like hooking up headphones). So, I have to have the computer feed the input through to my sound card on my computer which is a Soundblaster Audigy. When I do this there is horrible Latency (I think that's what it is called) the music takes awhile to get from the guitar to the computer and then to the monitors.

What are all you guys using to record with? What works, what doesn't.

Anybody using Cakewalk and making it work?

Anybody had problems with compatibility with ProTools?

Thanks.

Mike Paul
Fresno, California, USA blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:10 PM