Is it bad to train for too long?
Bastardo Anonimo
Jan 9 2007, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
I know you have to train at least 10-15 minutes every day, but is it harmful playing too much? How many hours in a row should you train?

I hear zakk Wylde and the like used to train 8-10 hours a day, but I wonder if that's true.

Also, I heard it's bad to wash your hands for one hour after playing ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 9 2007, 04:52 AM
Well, you could run the risk of injury if you pratice for too long. But make sure you're actually getting somewhere when you're praticing, or else all your time practicing will be wasted. When you're practicing just stop and think if you are actually doing something that will make you a better guitarist....quality over quantity.

It's not bad to wash your hands, but if you take a shower or get your hands soaked in any way before or after practice your skin will be very soft and the callus(spelling?) on your fingertips can come off(happend to me), I don't think it's a bad thing, but some people think thier callus is the most important thing in the world.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
moorkop
Jan 9 2007, 12:04 PM
It is also about what you call training

I train about an hour a day, since i discovered gmc (about a week ago) and play 2 hours for fun
before that i didn't train, i just had fun with my guitar playing songs

i think doing exercises for 10 hours straight won't help you (or wouldn't help me) because i could never keep myself motivated enough for that long and you lose interest in your guitar
Zakk Wylde wouldn't play exercises for that long, but improvise

and besides, the best music comes from originality, you could become great without excercises but with a lot of creativity

I would just recommend anyone to do some exercises every day 15-60 minutes and the rest improvise and get to know your guitar

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 9 2007, 12:08 PM
Well yesterday I was early out from school and practiced like 8 hours and it felt great biggrin.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:05 AM