Studio Time
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 29 2008, 10:14 PM
Singing Instructor
Interested in your expiriance...have you evere recorded in big studios...album or a single.....
..I recorded one album in profesoinal studio and I learnd that it has nothing to do with live performance...that it is a diferent koncept..a lot hurder...and needs much more practise....so please tell my your expiriance..or if you have any questins abot it...glad to answer them

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Dejan Farkas
Jan 29 2008, 10:28 PM
Instructor
I did not have such experience, but having in mind that they charge you for hours, and if you are limited on budget you can't relax and experiment, looking for a right sound and so on, but have to record as quickly as possible before time runs out. So I would rather record everything I can in some smaller and cheaper studio, and do vocals, mixing and mastering in a big one. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dejan: Jan 29 2008, 10:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 29 2008, 10:36 PM
Instructor
fello . i am still runing between pro studios recording tracks for singers and musicians and commerciall works
so as you said it s different than you are playing live but its interesting in the same time when you listen to the final work. any way this work must have a good experiance and good composing to still working in this big field

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 29 2008, 11:02 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Dejan @ Jan 29 2008, 10:28 PM) *
I did not have such experience, but having in mind that they charge you for hours, and if you are limited on budget you can't relax and experiment, looking for a right sound and so on, but have to record as quickly as possible before time runs out. So I would rather record everything I can in some smaller and cheaper studio, and do vocals, mixing and mastering in a big one. smile.gif

you are wright.....that is the best solutuon if you have a limite buget...... and the pressure is biger when yuou knowe that you paying by the hour.....but I knowe for the next time we will not need the time as the first time in the studio..but more to concetrate on finding the sound before we go in(Amps,Drums,Guitars...)....so we can go in the biger one

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 30 2008, 12:08 AM
Instructor
This is a very interesting topic. Work in the studio can be pain in the a** sometimes, but every going to the studio is a big experience especially at start. At the end of a project, big experience is gained for future projects. Since we are all humans, every hour in the studio is different. Everything can affect the humans, the weather, the mood, outside studio events. It is necessary to be yourself in the studio, and work with enthusiasm and positive thinking. It is a wrong place to be if you are in a lousy mood, or similar. When in the studio, use the time wise, BE FOCUSED, do the job, ask all the questions (but don't be a bore), be polite, be calm, be positive, be creative, experiment with the gear as much as you can etc.. It definitely affects the end result on the positive side.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 30 2008, 12:34 AM
Instructor
I've recorded quite a lot.
And experiences are different,depending of situations.
If it's done in this Hyper production feel,then it certainly doesn't have
a lot in common with live performance.
They program drums,bass(sometimes real player plays it),keys and then you record guitar,
vocal as the last of course.
You can edit things,play again if you miss etc(which IS useful)
but you don't have a feel of real live band.

But there are bright moments,whole band together,recording together,
than you just add some leads or doubles,edit something if needed and that's all.
But you feel great and you feel the energy . smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 30 2008, 08:53 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 30 2008, 12:34 AM) *
But there are bright moments,whole band together,recording together,
than you just add some leads or doubles,edit something if needed and that's all.
But you feel great and you feel the energy . smile.gif

that is the best way to capture energy...witch ca be a hard thing to do some times recording one by one...
Pearl Jam is recording in that way...just ading vocals later...but for that band needs to be like one person..and every note has to be in place...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 30 2008, 11:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 30 2008, 08:53 AM) *
that is the best way to capture energy...witch ca be a hard thing to do some times recording one by one...
Pearl Jam is recording in that way...just ading vocals later...but for that band needs to be like one person..and every note has to be in place...

Absolutely,but not only when playing as whole band.
Recording needs quite more accuracy and focus than playing live.
I mean,those small "false" notes we do when playing Live are actually "spirit" of live performance
but that just cannot pass when you record in studio,it has to be tight as hell,
sometimes even too tight and clean so it might sound too sterile imho.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 30 2008, 01:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 30 2008, 05:22 AM) *
Absolutely,but not only when playing as whole band.
Recording needs quite more accuracy and focus than playing live.
I mean,those small "false" notes we do when playing Live are actually "spirit" of live performance
but that just cannot pass when you record in studio,it has to be tight as hell,
sometimes even too tight and clean so it might sound too sterile imho.

Exact'y! That is the recording conundrum ... you have to realize that whatever you do can be listened to 1000 times. Every slight imperfection jumps out at you so you have to be extremely critical. But, the more times you play it, the more clinical it becomes and it loses some energy.

I have many times re-recorded guitar parts to get something that is technically better, cleaner , but then realized that it lost some essential energy and that the older version even with slight flaws is a better actual performance.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 01:55 PM
GMC:er
Our drummer is a sound engineer so it's free for us to record and so we take as long as we want.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 30 2008, 03:22 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 30 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Our drummer is a sound engineer so it's free for us to record and so we take as long as we want.

lucky you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 30 2008, 02:22 PM) *
lucky you smile.gif

Now all we need is good songs biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 30 2008, 03:37 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 30 2008, 03:25 PM) *
Now all we need is good songs biggrin.gif

plaese tell us some thig about it...what have you recorded..and how it went?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 30 2008, 02:37 PM) *
plaese tell us some thig about it...what have you recorded..and how it went?

We've just finished recording a 6 track EP that was recorded all by ourselves. The drums were recorded in a studio, the vocals in an anechoic chamber and the guitar and bass we recorded digitally through a mixer into a professional audio set up. It took 6 months to finish but we had many breaks in between and it was absolute hell lol. Very tiring but worthwhile in the end. If you want to check out some of the songs then go to Here where you can listen and add us if you wish. The songs came out well I think. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 30 2008, 03:48 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 30 2008, 03:41 PM) *
We've just finished recording a 6 track EP that was recorded all by ourselves. The drums were recorded in a studio, the vocals in an anechoic chamber and the guitar and bass we recorded digitally through a mixer into a professional audio set up. It took 6 months to finish but we had many breaks in between and it was absolute hell lol. Very tiring but worthwhile in the end. If you want to check out some of the songs then go to Here where you can listen and add us if you wish. The songs came out well I think. smile.gif

will do that... smile.gif thanks for the ansver....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Feb 1 2008, 03:14 PM
Drum instructor
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Jan 29 2008, 03:14 PM) *
Interested in your expiriance...have you evere recorded in big studios...album or a single.....
..I recorded one album in profesoinal studio and I learnd that it has nothing to do with live performance...that it is a diferent koncept..a lot hurder...and needs much more practise....so please tell my your expiriance..or if you have any questins abot it...glad to answer them

You won't get famous off of good recording quality. You get famous off of good songs. I'd say that until you're playing a lot of shows with a lot of fans...stick with budget gear.

Another solution is to find a school that teaches sound engineering and get a student to record it for you...they might not even charge and it'll sound good.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 2 2008, 03:14 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Kyle Logue @ Feb 1 2008, 03:14 PM) *
You won't get famous off of good recording quality. You get famous off of good songs. I'd say that until you're playing a lot of shows with a lot of fans...stick with budget gear.

Another solution is to find a school that teaches sound engineering and get a student to record it for you...they might not even charge and it'll sound good.

well you ar wright(but my cuestion was not how to get famos)..ofcourse that the good song is stronger than any production...and you are wriht about the school engineering...but...look it like this...modern standard of power production
do not alowe slopy production..and trust me(and I think you knowe as well)....studio is studio..and home production is home production...and musicians shod think that way....my thinking only... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 09:01 AM