Trouble With Reaper And Pod Farm
slak
Dec 26 2008, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
After weeks of anticipation I got Line6 UX1 with Pod Farm yesterday, and was really bummed out when I realized that it didn't work with Reaper. I was wondering if someone could help me with the work around for it?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=249270

So I've got the "Effect Chainer" in my VST's and if I try to load Pod Farm through that, I still have the same problem of no audio output. Could somebody post step by step process of how to load Pod Farm through an effects chain? Or even some more info what an effects chain is and does.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Tolek
Dec 26 2008, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I had the same problem the 24th. laugh.gif

When you start reaper, you have to click Options->Preferences->Audio->Device. There you select as Audio System "ASIO" and ASIA Driver "ASIO UX1". Now you can record. smile.gif
Have fun!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 26 2008, 05:25 PM
Wow, that's a huge improvement. It is now accepting a signal from Pod Farm I can see it recording. Unfortunately I lost all of my audio output in Reaper. I can still hear the metronome though, but this is great, I think with a few more tweaks I'll be rockin out in no time. Thanks Tolek.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Dec 26 2008, 05:28 PM
Learning Tone Guru
The UX1 is set as your soundcard now, so all sound goes through that Pod unit. Does it have output for headphones? Thats how I record with my X3 live..

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 26 2008, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
You have to put on headphones, mate. smile.gif Or you get speakers or an adapter so that you can connect your speakers to your POD unit.

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 26 2008, 05:38 PM
I've got the sound running through my UX1 to my headphones. I brought in a drum track, which plays through my headphones just fine, and I can see my guitar track recording. But I just can't hear it either in recording or playback.

Also I just imported an mp3 onto another track. And that is playing fine as well. So it seems that the only thing I'm not hearing is the guitar parts I record through my UX1, but I can see that they are recording. So it's probably a simple setting or unchecked box somewhere. I'll keep looking.

This post has been edited by slak: Dec 26 2008, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 26 2008, 05:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hm, strange. Can you make a screenshot of your settings in the Device menu? Or just reinstall reaper and set up the audio like I said above.

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 26 2008, 06:01 PM
Doh!!!! No need. I got it. I didn't have the little green speaker button (in the track) turned on. I guess that was it. I toggled it between clear, white and, green. Now everything is working just fine. BTW, I have tried to recreate the problem and cant, I've got audio coming out of every setting, I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take it smile.gif

Thanks again Tolek and Jakub, that "AISO UX1" was just what I needed.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 26 2008, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
No problem, I´m glad I could help. smile.gif Have fun with your POD.

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 26 2008, 09:24 PM
Alright, I think I figured it out.

I don't think the little speaker icon has anything to do with it. The Pod-Farm still doesn't seem to work as a VST in Reaper... but that's okay (for my needs). When I opened Pod Farm in Reaper as a VST, it was recording but not giving me any audio output.

With the AISO assigned to my UX1 I'm able to run Pod Farm separately. And it records whatever config I'm running through the Pod Farm as a Direct Line -In. So there is no need to load it as a VST in Reaper.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again for your help, I am having a blast with this program, like a kid in a candy store.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 26 2008, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (slak @ Dec 26 2008, 09:24 PM) *
Alright, I think I figured it out.

I don't think the little speaker icon has anything to do with it. The Pod-Farm still doesn't seem to work as a VST in Reaper... but that's okay (for my needs). When I opened Pod Farm in Reaper as a VST, it was recording but not giving me any audio output.

With the AISO assigned to my UX1 I'm able to run Pod Farm separately. And it records whatever config I'm running through the Pod Farm as a Direct Line -In. So there is no need to load it as a VST in Reaper.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again for your help, I am having a blast with this program, like a kid in a candy store.

Cool. laugh.gif As I said, try to reinstall the programm. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 27 2008, 01:15 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I read at Line6 foprums that there's a problem with pod farm plug in and reaper.

No problem with pod farm stand alone though (as it's not a plugin when working that way).

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 28 2008, 06:51 PM
Ya it works great as a stand alone. I'm sure they'll fix it in an update pretty soon, so you can use it as a VST.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2008, 10:34 AM
Instructor
slak, if you wanna use POD Farm or Gearbox as a standalone plugin for DAW you have to pay to get the "update".

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2008, 01:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its ok Slack , I always run Gearbox for my UX2 separately from DAW...You don't need to run it like VST in order to record effectively... I'm glad you got everything working smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 31 2008, 01:11 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
slak
Dec 31 2008, 03:35 PM
Wow, pay for an upgrade to make the product work the way it's supposed to? I'm happy just using it in standalone for now. That aside I really like Pod Farm, so much so, that I got a bass the other day. I'm looking forward to diving into your lessons Bogdan.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 1 2009, 05:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (slak @ Dec 31 2008, 03:35 PM) *
Wow, pay for an upgrade to make the product work the way it's supposed to? I'm happy just using it in standalone for now. That aside I really like Pod Farm, so much so, that I got a bass the other day. I'm looking forward to diving into your lessons Bogdan.

Wow those are great news about getting a bass!! smile.gif Have a lot of fun playing it mate and ask if you have any questions smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:01 PM