Lydian Melodic Development Upload Thread, Upload you takes here!
David Wallimann
Oct 12 2009, 01:37 AM
Instructor
This thread is only for uploads!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 16 2009, 07:26 PM
GMC:er
Hi David,

Here's my take. Again, I tried to work on a theme. It was more difficult because I'm less comfortable with this scale (in fact, it's the first time I've ever really experimented with it - I like it). I really like the middle section and I struggled with the beginning and end a bit. It's a bunch of licks I like, but I'm not sure if they're congruent enough.

I know your schedule may not allow for it, but if you have some advice that I might be able to apply before the deadline I'd really appreciated it.

Thanks again!

Attached File  Wallimann_Lydian_TheKeplerConjecture2.mp3 ( 1011.02K ) Number of downloads: 281

***EDIT - The customary take repost wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TheKeplerConjecture: Oct 19 2009, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
sted
Oct 18 2009, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Heres my effort!

Attached File  lydian_collab.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 236

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 19 2009, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Oct 16 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Hi David,

Here's my take. Again, I tried to work on a theme. It was more difficult because I'm less comfortable with this scale (in fact, it's the first time I've ever really experimented with it - I like it). I really like the middle section and I struggled with the beginning and end a bit. It's a bunch of licks I like, but I'm not sure if they're congruent enough.

I know your schedule may not allow for it, but if you have some advice that I might be able to apply before the deadline I'd really appreciated it.

Thanks again!

Attached File  Wallimann_Lydian_TheKeplerConjecture2.mp3 ( 1011.02K ) Number of downloads: 281

***EDIT - The customary take repost wink.gif

I don't think you never any other take man, this one is superb! :-)

QUOTE (sted @ Oct 18 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Heres my effort!

Attached File  lydian_collab.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 236

Thanks Sted! :-)
God work man, too bad guitar is too low, but I can still give you comments! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Oct 19 2009, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 19 2009, 01:44 PM) *
I don't think you never any other take man, this one is superb! :-)

So, we'll stick with this one. Thanks man!

This post has been edited by TheKeplerConjecture: Oct 19 2009, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
sted
Oct 19 2009, 08:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
It was pretty low!

Re-rendered below mate.

Attached File  lydian_collab.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 212

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 21 2009, 01:27 AM
here are my takes smile.gif

i used my new digitech rp500 through USB to record this one...let me know how the sound is...its hard to find the right recording sound because what i hear through the power amp of my amplifier is different than USB so it was a challenge finding the right recording sound

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MaidenlydianBT.mp3 ( 1006.66K ) Number of downloads: 213
Attached File  MaidenlydianNOBT.mp3 ( 952.79K ) Number of downloads: 176

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
sted
Oct 21 2009, 09:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Oct 21 2009, 01:27 AM) *
here are my takes smile.gif

i used my new digitech rp500 through USB to record this one...let me know how the sound is...its hard to find the right recording sound because what i hear through the power amp of my amplifier is different than USB so it was a challenge finding the right recording sound

all I can say is wow mate! You totally nailed that take, simply sublime playing, very Vai!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 22 2009, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Beautiful everyone!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 23 2009, 03:58 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I will probably post mine tomorrow smile.gif Been a busy week...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 24 2009, 07:42 PM
Experienced Rock Star
EDIT:

And here it is smile.gif

My notes:
Some passages could be tighten but it's dued to the fact that I tried to implement some hybrid picking so I could play with the dynamics.
Dynamics in this take were very important for me since I tried to use the same notes in some passages to create different moods.
There's one note I missed on the take so I recorded on top of it so there's a stop somewhere, hope you don't mind, I have some stuff to do, including videos, school, recording smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 24 2009, 07:43 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 25 2009, 12:22 AM
I should've uploaded this a few days ago, I feel better when I've sat on them to listen later and decide if I still like the take wink.gif

Attached File  DWLYD_jafomatic_full.mp3 ( 1.97MB ) Number of downloads: 201

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 25 2009, 01:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
I will try to get something up tomorrow, but I ran into some computer problems yesterday, so I had to format my computer, which then took longer than expected due to new problems.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 25 2009, 04:19 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Guys,

I just had some time today finally so just tried some impro.. smile.gif was going to drop down coz of MTP schedule but I just got it. Hope you enjoy!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  clydian_impro.mp3 ( 1.49MB ) Number of downloads: 254

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Oct 25 2009, 06:03 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Here's my first take improv over the backing

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 26 2009, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Thanks for everyone's takes!
You have until tonight to upload your work, if not, I can't guaranty a video comment!
:-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Oct 26 2009, 12:52 AM
Hi David!

Here i s my take wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lydian_collab_power_arctica.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 176

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 26 2009, 03:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Oct 26 2009, 12:00 AM) *
Thanks for everyone's takes!
You have until tonight to upload your work, if not, I can't guaranty a video comment!
:-)

That's fair enough, David.

I had and still have some computer problems, so I won't be able to do anything right now on anything. Still trying to get everything up and running again, but it does seem to be not working very well for me. laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 26 2009, 04:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here's my take David. I'll tell you man, this wasn't easy for my playing over this and trying to just focus on C Lydian. My mind wanted to wonder so this was a good learning experience for me. I hope it captured some of the Lydian vibe.

Thanks,

Skillet

Attached File  Dave_C_Lydian_WBT.mp3 ( 1.48MB ) Number of downloads: 223

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Oct 26 2009, 04:34 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 26 2009, 06:20 PM
Here's mine David.

[attachment=18733:SJLydian...opmentBT.mp3]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:25 PM