Surface, the TV series
MickeM
Oct 28 2007, 07:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
What happened to that series anyway? In short it was about humongus sea creatures that were threatening life on earth.

It was aired in the US a couple years ago and I've been waiting for another season. But nothing happens. I read something that it had been canceled.
Anyone know for sure what happened and why if was canceled if that's the case?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 28 2007, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
Canceled yes sad.gif

I loved that serie. I think it was something about that they didnt have time for it on their schedule because they wanted to have some crappy reality/talk show or some #¤%! instead, if I'm not mistaken.

Save Nim http://www.savesurface.com/petitions.html ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 28 2007, 08:45 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Now, if the sea monsters had lived in a house together and been televized 24/7, and each week one of them was eliminated from the show based on its lack of scariness, it would have been renewed ...

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 28 2007, 08:45 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 28 2007, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 28 2007, 01:45 PM) *
Now, if the sea monsters had lived in a house together and been televized 24/7, and each week one of them was eliminated from the show based on its lack of scariness, it would have been renewed ...

That's so right. biggrin.gif Words can't describe how much I hate reality TV... dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 28 2007, 08:57 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 28 2007, 03:49 PM) *
That's so right. biggrin.gif Words can't describe how much I hate reality TV... dry.gif

Agreed, but there is something worse .... SINGING BEE!!!!! And there is already an imitation version of it on a different channel, they can't even be original enough to change it significantly.

The first couple of reality shows made a nice change, but now every damn show is a reality show. Now you can watch hairdressers argue, sun tan booth operatives argue, bounty hunters get arrested, rock stars tell their kids off, wrestlers tell their kids off ... its just DULL mad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 28 2007, 09:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
UK TV really trawls ideas for yet another variation on the theme. Recently - restaurants (own, cook in and run your own where the winner gets to go into business with a famous Michelin starred chef): latest - classical musician.

It's the music ones that irritate me the most though. Easy way to fame and fortune, just stay the course for 12 weeks and you get a million pound recording contract. There are talented musicians who have spent years playing pubs, clubs, bars for peanuts who don't have the image and will never get air time on TV but TV rewards a bunch of lazy, and usually talent free/less, wannabies. LEARN your craft, work the circuit, pay your dues and be a proper musician rather then jumping on the fast train to money. Because if you don't when the fickle public forget you you'll be a talentless nobody again. At least the proper musicians will always have their talent that they got the hard way thorough work.

(Sorry rant over - wife is watching X-fudgester which always sets me off mad.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 28 2007, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 28 2007, 09:20 PM) *
UK TV really trawls ideas for yet another variation on the theme. Recently - restaurants (own, cook in and run your own where the winner gets to go into business with a famous Michelin starred chef): latest - classical musician.

It's the music ones that irritate me the most though. Easy way to fame and fortune, just stay the course for 12 weeks and you get a million pound recording contract. There are talented musicians who have spent years playing pubs, clubs, bars for peanuts who don't have the image and will never get air time on TV but TV rewards a bunch of lazy, and usually talent free/less, wannabies. LEARN your craft, work the circuit, pay your dues and be a proper musician rather then jumping on the fast train to money. Because if you don't when the fickle public forget you you'll be a talentless nobody again. At least the proper musicians will always have their talent that they got the hard way thorough work.

(Sorry rant over - wife is watching X-fudgester which always sets me off mad.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

Indeed. They probably get songwriters and studio technicians that wipe their butt.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:06 PM