New Power Amp Cab Style Thing Day - Npacstd
Marc_Maiden
Jan 28 2010, 03:12 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys!

i started playing in bands and doing gigs again so i needed something louder than the blackstar.

I am a big fan of multi effects pedals, but not a big fan of how they sound through an amp.

so what did i do?

i got the atomic reactor 212 50 watt amp!

this thing is BIG for a 212! it is 3/4 the size of a 4x12 if you can believe it!

This is an all tube power amp/cab meant to run with modeling amps. they are built to be super transparent sounding!

they come with "templates" or little dishes you can put into the amp that fit either a POD, tonelab, or Vamp directly, and you can plug in the power supply to it and everything! really cool. it works as well with floor pedals as well!

this thing is awesome! i hope to be able to fit in a video review soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeA9Wca8D70

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 28 2010, 04:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
I had always taught that is amp was awesome....

On the youtube video it sounds good but the guy uses a FX ultra ... How is it on you setup ???? If I'm correct you are using a Digitech rp something multi-effect...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 28 2010, 01:43 PM
Nice one Marc!!
I remember reading about them when they were first released and all the amazing write-ups that they had!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 28 2010, 01:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, I saw them the other day at AxeFx homepage, they will sure team up nice with the Axe UltraFx that Muris have... biggrin.gif
In the matter of versatility, this is just simply great! But through the years I owned a lot of effects racks/amps etc. and always turned out using just 2-3 sounds anyway.... What really is a pity is that I probably never get the chance to try these stuff out... But it surely looks cool!!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 29 2010, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Very interesting piece of hardware, definitely a cool concept smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jan 29 2010, 08:23 PM
I played a gig last night with it and oh man!

i dont think ill ever use a regular amp again for gigging! this sounded great and was just too easy for me to use

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 28 2010, 04:51 AM) *
Yeah, I saw them the other day at AxeFx homepage, they will sure team up nice with the Axe UltraFx that Muris have... biggrin.gif
In the matter of versatility, this is just simply great! But through the years I owned a lot of effects racks/amps etc. and always turned out using just 2-3 sounds anyway.... What really is a pity is that I probably never get the chance to try these stuff out... But it surely looks cool!!! smile.gif

//Staffay

I know what you mean about using 2-3 sounds....but since i play in a jazz band, and now a progressive metal band, the versatility was just great...i went straight from my prog metal jam to my jazz gig last night with out switching anything.

one of these days when my money tree finishes growing in my backyard, ill get one of those AxeFX

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 29 2010, 10:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jan 29 2010, 08:23 PM) *
I played a gig last night with it and oh man!

i dont think ill ever use a regular amp again for gigging! this sounded great and was just too easy for me to use

I know what you mean about using 2-3 sounds....but since i play in a jazz band, and now a progressive metal band, the versatility was just great...i went straight from my prog metal jam to my jazz gig last night with out switching anything.

one of these days when my money tree finishes growing in my backyard, ill get one of those AxeFX

Mmmmm, I have like one amp and one guitar for every occasion instead, which may be a lot more expensive than use one guitar and on multi-thingy.... I think one funny thing about this though, is that in order to use the modeller You must buy an amp that models a Hi-Fi unit... biggrin.gif It kinda models the modeller and in the end it sounds that the "real" stuff from the beginning and You still have to carry around that box.... *lol*

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 30 2010, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I've heard lots of good comments about these atomic cabs in the Line-6 forums, they seem to work really well with modelling units.
Congrats on a nice piece of gear! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 31 2010, 03:35 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is an interesting piece of gear mate! Congrats on getting it! Its a really cool idea to use poweramp/cab with modeling device! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 1 2010, 03:04 AM
Instructor
congrats man! I never heard about this gear before, so I need to check them out!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 7 2010, 06:37 PM
Instructor
I like the tone a lot

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:04 AM