Cubase 7 On It's Way, Are any C7 users out there ?
Darius Wave
Nov 29 2013, 11:41 AM
Instructor
Finally after getting my pc done I'm collecting new software. Cubase 7 Artist is on it's way to me. I've decided to stop on Artist edition after detailed comparison. Of course I will miss some plug-ins like multiband...that were already in the DAW but...maybe an upgrade someday. Probably the hardware and software I'll by now will surve me for next 5 to 7 years...that's why I decided to switrch to a newest version. I hate to learn all over again but I'll treat it like an investition for the future profits.

I wonder if some of you already tried C7?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Mertay
Nov 29 2013, 01:49 PM
GMC:er
Hey darius, seems like a good choice I also wonder about it too smile.gif just a note, on a local forum I read that the current update caused a few problems (plug-in related) to someone so just keep this in mind if you bump into any problems during setup.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Cubase 7?? Awesome! I'm still with Cubase 5 but I would really like to know your opinion once you get the 7th.

I'm not sure about the improvements, but the overall look is amazing!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 29 2013, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 29 2013, 01:49 PM) *
Hey darius, seems like a good choice I also wonder about it too smile.gif just a note, on a local forum I read that the current update caused a few problems (plug-in related) to someone so just keep this in mind if you bump into any problems during setup.

Thanx for the notice! I'll be carefull wink.gif I've ordered 7 and saw the 7,5 as a latest update. I hope an issue You describe doesn't releate to verion 7.0 biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 29 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Cubase 7?? Awesome! I'm still with Cubase 5 but I would really like to know your opinion once you get the 7th.

I'm not sure about the improvements, but the overall look is amazing!

Nice to know we're both in the cubase family Gab smile.gif To be honest I don't feel a necessary need of having 7 at the moment. I tried 5 and it has already everything I need. But...it think of future. I don't want to face a wall after few years of using. Even if it's a bit too much at the moment it will become old anyway...after some time and I don't want to stuck at the point where I'll not be able to do some basic things as simple as newer softwere makes it able to be. 5 is way cool too but it's not even available anymore. To be honest I think manufacturers could keep all the previous versions available - some people just don't need all the fancy stuff form new once and if the price was resonable, than we would have a lot more legal users online for example - old as hell photoshop 6 is still something absolutely working for home photo editing...many people would buy it if they would make it available for some low price. I don't need full CD package.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 03:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 29 2013, 10:55 AM) *
Thanx for the notice! I'll be carefull wink.gif I've ordered 7 and saw the 7,5 as a latest update. I hope an issue You describe doesn't releate to verion 7.0 biggrin.gif

Nice to know we're both in the cubase family Gab smile.gif To be honest I don't feel a necessary need of having 7 at the moment. I tried 5 and it has already everything I need. But...it think of future. I don't want to face a wall after few years of using. Even if it's a bit too much at the moment it will become old anyway...after some time and I don't want to stuck at the point where I'll not be able to do some basic things as simple as newer softwere makes it able to be. 5 is way cool too but it's not even available anymore. To be honest I think manufacturers could keep all the previous versions available - some people just don't need all the fancy stuff form new once and if the price was resonable, than we would have a lot more legal users online for example - old as hell photoshop 6 is still something absolutely working for home photo editing...many people would buy it if they would make it available for some low price. I don't need full CD package.

This would be surely great for different users but I suspect that they don't do it because of economical reasons. They prefer that everybody buys the new one, the more expensive. But I agree with you, they would sell even more using your idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 29 2013, 08:35 PM
Instructor
I wonder how much time would it take to make them understand that this is just another market of customers like Young who could buy that software and they do not because teenager who is using photo editing program for one photo per week will not pay 1500$ for full CS pack anyway smile.gif From the other side ...people who use it for work will want to have updates for sure wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 1 2013, 05:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 29 2013, 10:41 AM) *
I wonder if some of you already tried C7?

For my job, I use all the major DAWs every day, but I use C7 for my own projects. LogicProX has the drummer feature which is nice, but Cubase still has better drum track editing and better non-destructive audio editing and those features are important to me.

If you're coming from an old version of cubase, probably the most valuable new feature for guitarists is takes, which was added in 6.5.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 1 2013, 08:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 1 2013, 05:18 PM) *
For my job, I use all the major DAWs every day, but I use C7 for my own projects. LogicProX has the drummer feature which is nice, but Cubase still has better drum track editing and better non-destructive audio editing and those features are important to me.

If you're coming from an old version of cubase, probably the most valuable new feature for guitarists is takes, which was added in 6.5.

I'm curious about the takes feature?
What is it and how does it work?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 1 2013, 09:02 PM
Instructor
I wonder too. I should get mine on monday so I'll try this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 2 2013, 06:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm super comfortable in Studio One, so I don't see any reason to switch. That being said, if I was to, I'd probably check out Cubase. I remember it was a nice affordable package (especially as a student), but you needed an iLok to use it ohmy.gif Have they fixed that issue?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 2 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
I use Cubase through all my life so don't want to switch but my friend is also satisfied with Studio One.I just though I don't want to waste any more time on getting used to new intereface especially when the Cubase is still one of most popular DAWs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 2 2013, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Got it! Now time to get friendly with it smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 2 2013, 11:31 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Cubase has just put up version 7.5

I'm assuming you're asking about the takes feature changes in 6.5? It's a workflow improvement for Cubase that lets you auto clean lanes and create tracks from comp selections. So you can save a lot of time on editing. If you mean non destructive audio, lots of daws are NDA. Non destructive editing means that the original audio reamains untouched by edits until you finally render the audio at mixdown. You build an edit decision list that instructs the daw what regions/locations to play etc and where they're located on the hard drive.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 2 2013, 12:21 PM
Instructor
To be honest some operations like removing noise I like to do at file process stage. Why? Sometimes create dofferent session or need to Use some audio files again. I'm not always satisfied with the noise gate work. I usually clean some tracks manually so I will have nice and clean raw tracks for any further work.

Let's say I switch form DAW to DAW and I can't open my previous sessions with all settings of tracks cleaning.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2013, 12:01 AM
Instructor
Congrats Darius! I'm curious to know your first thoughts about it.

Here I found a pdf provided by Steinberg where they show the features comparison between the 3 Cubase 7 versions: Cubase 7, Cubase artist, Cubase elements 7. This can also be helpful to discover all the features.

Attached File  Cubase_Comparison_Chart.pdf ( 920.25K ) Number of downloads: 321

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2013, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 2 2013, 11:21 AM) *
To be honest some operations like removing noise I like to do at file process stage. Why? Sometimes create dofferent session or need to Use some audio files again. I'm not always satisfied with the noise gate work. I usually clean some tracks manually so I will have nice and clean raw tracks for any further work.

+1, also this saves cpu nowadays as plug-in's which are coded in vst3 become incactive during these pauses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 3 2013, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Unfortunately my joy was cut out by some license installation issues but I have a hang out with o guy from polish Cubase support. Will update You guys on my thoughts about the 7

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 3 2013, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Update. Hurayyyy! With some help of a polish steinberg support dude I made it to register and activate smile.gif It's working. Seems like most of controls usage is similar and so on with the keyboard short cuts. Unfortunately I have to bring all other stuff working too tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:34 AM