You Know You Aren't Relaxed When...., Another recording parody...
NoSkill
Sep 23 2009, 04:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So,

My MTP is going great. I'm working on things that I either thought I couldn't do, or avoided spending much time with. I'm practicing some of Emir's YM licks and working out my little finger. Before I start with his exercises, I spend a bit of time just getting my fingers warmed up by playing another lesson that I learned a while back...not at tempo mind you, ... just to get the juices flowing.

However, I'm having some trouble getting to the end. I'm getting dizzy near the end of a 1 minute piece, and my teeth are sore. What the hell is that grinding noise? Pickups? String Noise? Feedback? Someone outside operating some large farm machine? Nope, it's me grinding my teeth. Oh, and the reason I can't get to the end without getting light headed is that I can't hold my breath for an entire minute anymore.

Relax while playing. My attention span is bad because my brain needs oxygen.

Here is something to make you laugh. I promised some recording bloopers awhile back...remember oven mitts? Well, here's the NoSkill Ole' Pick Toss! No comments on the pyjamas please. cool.gif

Have a great day, and I hope this put a smile on your face.

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 23 2009, 04:09 PM
Jazz Instructor
cool, bloopers are great. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 23 2009, 04:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
laugh.gif I feel you man, I have tried to make frustration my friend. unsure.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 23 2009, 04:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Bro, I have had SOOOO many moments like that one! There is nothing worse than playing a clean recording...only to screw up a few moments from the end! I also do the exact same thing you did at the end...hyper picking or extra hard strumming to vent some frustration! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 23 2009, 04:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 23 2009, 04:24 PM) *
Bro, I have had SOOOO many moments like that one! There is nothing worse than playing a clean recording...only to screw up a few moments from the end! I also do the exact same thing you did at the end...hyper picking or extra hard strumming to vent some frustration! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I usually go "Pete Townsend" on my guitar......that is why I need like 10 guitars. I wish my wife could understand this!!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Sep 23 2009, 05:14 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Once I had so bad mood while playing, that I was throwing picks all over the place. Playing ended when all the picks were out of my reach:P And recently when I recorded, the only take that was good wasn't recorded, as the last 15 seconds were "recorded" when tape in the camera was over. This time I was just "defeated" by it wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Sep 23 2009, 05:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I lost that pick in the furnace vent. Just to add to my frustration. It sounded like dropping a marble down an elevator shaft... clink clunk bang ting tong thud.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 23 2009, 05:49 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Hehe, I guess all of us had such moments already smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Sep 23 2009, 06:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Sep 23 2009, 05:01 PM) *
No comments on the pyjamas please. cool.gif

I love people recording with pyjamas on.
I think I am going to buy a pyjama so I can do nice records as well. biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 23 2009, 10:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
heheeh funny video mate! I guess we all have those moments smile.gif
Regarding relaxing , its very important and most people don't realize that they need to actually practice relaxing on purpose in order to relax smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:16 AM