Behringer Steals Arturia Design
Mertay
Nov 23 2020, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-clones-a...-and-sequencer/

This brought a lot of attention today. Behringer defends itself as doing "reverse engineering". Arturia isn't a small brand, but I'm not sure if they have enough capital to sue a giant.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 23 2020, 11:04 PM
GMC Founder
Interesting! And btw I feel kinda feel like my musical tools are outdated when I see this kind of jam!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2020, 03:53 AM
ARTURIA is awesome. It's a software version of thousands of dollars worth of synths. I'm shocked it took behringer this long to make a cheaper version smile.gif That's what they do after all.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 23 2020, 06:04 PM) *
Interesting! And btw I feel kinda feel like my musical tools are outdated when I see this kind of jam!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 24 2020, 10:14 AM
I also a need a midi keyboard but keep delaying it. I'm using an electric piano's midi out, its age is nearly the same a mine biggrin.gif

But being used to a good feeling keyboard make it harder to pick one. Weight of keys can be personal but one thing to be careful of is the "key sound" it makes when releasing a key. If one doesn't have headphones this can be annoying,.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 24 2020, 02:53 AM) *
ARTURIA is awesome. It's a software version of thousands of dollars worth of synths.

Yeah arturia software collection is quite nice. My only problem with them (also their fx plug-ins) is the install sizes are huge cause of the extreme quality gui and with older machines I suspect this fills extra ram, some comment they aen't programmed well. Also they often need a plug-in to add analog warmth after them.

For those looking for a cool entry to software synth.s, I highly suggest synthmaster; https://www.kv331audio.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2020, 03:43 AM
Very true about install size. It's big. It's also a ram hog. It does do quite a nice job emulating old expensive synths that are very hard to come by.

quote name='Mertay' date='Nov 24 2020, 05:14 AM' post='782132']
I also a need a midi keyboard but keep delaying it. I'm using an electric piano's midi out, its age is nearly the same a mine biggrin.gif

But being used to a good feeling keyboard make it harder to pick one. Weight of keys can be personal but one thing to be careful of is the "key sound" it makes when releasing a key. If one doesn't have headphones this can be annoying,.

Yeah arturia software collection is quite nice. My only problem with them (also their fx plug-ins) is the install sizes are huge cause of the extreme quality gui and with older machines I suspect this fills extra ram, some comment they aen't programmed well. Also they often need a plug-in to add analog warmth after them.

For those looking for a cool entry to software synth.s, I highly suggest synthmaster; https://www.kv331audio.com
[/quote]

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 25 2020, 06:33 PM
Ironic isn't it.
Arturia makes great products but their synth and keyboard sounds are all taken from the 'classic' synths and electric keyboards of yesteryear. Moog, Sequential circuits, Oberheim, Yamaha, Korg, etc.
Oh well.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 25 2020, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 25 2020, 05:33 PM) *
Ironic isn't it.
Arturia makes great products but their synth and keyboard sounds are all taken from the 'classic' synths and electric keyboards of yesteryear. Moog, Sequential circuits, Oberheim, Yamaha, Korg, etc.
Oh well.

They were more like "I couldn't afford a Moog but got the Arturia" , and now what Behringer did to them biggrin.gif

Interesting thing is no one complains when they make replica's of vintage gear and most of those brands are still around .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2020, 10:43 PM
True smile.gif Vintage replicas are ok with folks, but making a copy of software that replicates vintage pieces is a big no no smile.gif I get why arturia is miffed, but they had to sort of expect this. Behringer has made a living out of doing backward engineered copies of just about everything and doing it cheaper.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 25 2020, 04:24 PM) *
They were more like "I couldn't afford a Moog but got the Arturia" , and now what Behringer did to them biggrin.gif

Interesting thing is no one complains when they make replica's of vintage gear and most of those brands are still around .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 PM