The Normal E Blues Improvisation, My First Upload!, Basic
Tsarpf
Feb 6 2009, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
So I decided to upload this basicbasic blues thingy... I don't exactly know why blink.gif
I played all the instruments myself,

Bass guitar: ------------ With my guitar and "gtrbas" effect that makes it sound like a bass etc..
Drums: ----------------- I've got digital drums or whatever they're called.. Yamaha DTXplorer, I believe
"Background guitar":--- Obviously with my guitar D:
Solo guitar: ------------- ...Yup yup...

Especially the beginning isn't good at all, neither is the pause in the middle, I did the whole thing in 1 hour so I blame "the rush", and only one take for the soloing...

The solo guitar... I don't think it has too much of personal style, more like any joe-the-average could have played it :S

Soo, tell me what you think. laugh.gif

EDIT: I realized how bad it was, so I deleted the file.. I think I'll upload a new one shortly

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tsarpf: Apr 19 2009, 03:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 8 2009, 03:05 AM
Instructor
Is really great that you've recorded all the instruments.

Rhythmic section:

Did you record with a metronome?

You have some rhythmic displacements between the drums and bass.
Also you'll have to work on the begining the end and the middle section. It seems that when you have to start or end you have some rhythmic problems, like in the sec 27 when you have some drum fill and then keep it rolling, that has to be fluid and it sounds like you're having bad time with that.

Regarding the bass: would be nice if you added some standard turnaround everytime you start again.

Lead guitar

Also you have some rhythmic problems (not as much as in the others that I've mentioned). But also, could be because you were nervous for the recording and because you did it in a rush, it sounds like you doubt sometimes and you always have to sound confident about what you are playing, even if you make a mistake is always better to be confident.

MIX

You have to volume down the bass drum and then place all the drums up because the snare and the hi-hat are really behind all.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 10 2009, 01:04 AM
Jazz Instructor
I think that's generally ok, but there are few places where rhythm should be more correct.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:29 PM