Stop Practicing...
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
...for a 10 minutes smile.gif And watch this:

smile.gif This should give you a bit of food for thought on your approach... now get back to practicing! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 16 2014, 03:28 PM
Tone Seeker
Very nice!
thanks for sharing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Apr 16 2014, 04:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great video. I love the comment, "I want my band mates to go further than me & I want to do everything I can do to help them." Great philosophy & attitude. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 16 2014, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
Great stuff!
Good find Cosmin.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2014, 07:08 PM
Instructor
I cannot stop now but I bookmarked this one for later. Thanks Cosmin!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2014, 07:40 AM
Instructor
6 years ago, I had the pleasure of seeing him perform live in a famous jazz/fusion festival that takes place in Romania each summer - The Garana International Jazz Festival.

It's happening in a little village that has about 18 inhabitants throughout the year, but in that week whilst the festival occurs, a few thousands come by. It's an awesome atmosphere - jazz and fusion artists performing in a meadow high up in the mountains and forests biggrin.gif

That night was pure magic!

+Quote Post
Deleted
Apr 17 2014, 09:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
His latest words are so true, not everybody understand scales and theory, but everybody understand emotions rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Deleted @ Apr 17 2014, 08:33 AM) *
His latest words are so true, not everybody understand scales and theory, but everybody understand emotions rolleyes.gif

This is exactly the thought that people should have in mind when they set out to play an instrument. Learn theory and your instrument so that you will be able to speak with it from the heart smile.gif There's a long road until each of us becomes able to understand how to do this and usually, we get to use so little out of what we have learned to make a musical statement that can change lives smile.gif It always happened to me!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2014, 05:21 PM
Instructor
Finally I could see this video yesterday and I loved his philosophy. I can't agree more about this, and it's not something that I had in mind when I was younger and was very obsessed with practice. After some years I discovered that I had a very tight technique but not too much to say because of my isolation. If you don't have something to say, you would be just making an instrument sound, combine sounds but your music isn't deep and lacks life. The more experiences you have, the more you have to say and the deeper is your music.

Marcus Miller says something really interesting there too about how much Victor's music describes himself. This happens when you discover your own music and play it.

This video explains why I've always enjoyed so much Wooten's music.

Very nice video, thanks a lot Cosmin.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2014, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 20 2014, 04:21 PM) *
Finally I could see this video yesterday and I loved his philosophy. I can't agree more about this, and it's not something that I had in mind when I was younger and was very obsessed with practice. After some years I discovered that I had a very tight technique but not too much to say because of my isolation. If you don't have something to say, you would be just making an instrument sound, combine sounds but your music isn't deep and lacks life. The more experiences you have, the more you have to say and the deeper is your music.

Marcus Miller says something really interesting there too about how much Victor's music describes himself. This happens when you discover your own music and play it.

This video explains why I've always enjoyed so much Wooten's music.

Very nice video, thanks a lot Cosmin.

Hehe! Nothing to it mate! We are even, as you shared that totally amazing video of Steve Vai smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2014, 04:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 20 2014, 05:27 PM) *
Hehe! Nothing to it mate! We are even, as you shared that totally amazing video of Steve Vai smile.gif

Great deal! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:11 AM