9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
The Nightwitch Broom Collab, Students and Instructors collaboration
Darius Wave
Mar 7 2016, 09:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Mar 6 2016, 03:46 PM) *
@bleez: Hey mate, as usual from you... top sound, top ideas, top solo parts! cool.gif

@Darius: Darius, for the first impression, here are my ideas for the collab. I know, the solo needs a little bit more
more more practise.... rolleyes.gif

Well well...So you say it's your very first take? Very good one! Will spot some more details to tweak but overall concept is descent. The idea to play unison with strings is also a cool invitation to record another guitar,playing harmonies in 3rd's. Also I like your "northern" phrasing on the verse smile.gif

QUOTE (Procyon @ Mar 5 2016, 10:14 PM) *
Aahh! What a great backing!! If I can manage to find some time I will be IN, too!

Thank you smile.gif Haven't seen you mate for quite some time. I hope you'll join like in the good old days smile.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Mar 6 2016, 05:37 PM) *
i try, but nothing really tasty come......

https://soundcloud.com/laurent-377054242/night-take-2

too much absorbed by my Opeth cover

Laurent

There is still plenty of time. You know how it's like. Sometimes you can't handle to compose things through a weeks and then simply comes a day you feel inspired by...something that just had been heard or...any other "force of nature" and things will come out just like that.

I think you are trying to play too much at the beginning. Try to focus on a melody you would like to hear in vocals for example. You can then try to boost the tension by playing more or faster or harder...however it all has to have it's point. Your test solo seems to be like a reversed verision of what I've just wrote smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Mar 7 2016, 09:27 PM
Learning Roadie
There is still plenty of time. You know how it's like. Sometimes you can't handle to compose things through a weeks and then simply comes a day you feel inspired by...something that just had been heard or...any other "force of nature" and things will come out just like that.

I think you are trying to play too much at the beginning. Try to focus on a melody you would like to hear in vocals for example. You can then try to boost the tension by playing more or faster or harder...however it all has to have it's point. Your test solo seems to be like a reversed verision of what I've just wrote smile.gif

totaly agree....

i'll do another try

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Mar 8 2016, 06:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thx Darius, I like playing "northern" stuff to this epic backing from you.... cool.gif Cool idea, I try to record harmonies in 3rd's but I have never done something like this before.... Let's see what happens biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Procyon
Mar 8 2016, 10:07 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 7 2016, 09:12 PM) *
Thank you smile.gif Haven't seen you mate for quite some time. I hope you'll join like in the good old days smile.gif

Haha biggrin.gif Yes, time seems to fly unpredictably fast sometimes... I really thought I played in the last two collabs... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 9 2016, 12:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Mar 8 2016, 06:32 AM) *
Thx Darius, I like playing "northern" stuff to this epic backing from you.... cool.gif Cool idea, I try to record harmonies in 3rd's but I have never done something like this before.... Let's see what happens biggrin.gif

No no! Please let it be done be someone else in the final mix smile.gif Maybe I'll support you at this point smile.gif

QUOTE (Procyon @ Mar 8 2016, 10:07 PM) *
Haha biggrin.gif Yes, time seems to fly unpredictably fast sometimes... I really thought I played in the last two collabs... biggrin.gif

yep...it's more likely me who was a bit off for some time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 9 2016, 04:23 PM
GMC Founder
I'm experimenting with some vocals on this one, fingers crossed for cool results!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 9 2016, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Results will be awesome - I'm sure!
Maybe someone would like to record something like ambient clean backing guitar to be used at some point of the mix ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 9 2016, 05:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 9 2016, 05:12 PM) *
Results will be awesome - I'm sure!
Maybe someone would like to record something like ambient clean backing guitar to be used at some point of the mix ?smile.gif

Like this...?

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Mar 9 2016, 05:39 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Nightwitch_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 411.14K ) Number of downloads: 88

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Mar 9 2016, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Killer BT, Darius! I'm in!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 10 2016, 12:45 AM
Been working on changes to my collab piece. Figure I'd submit it for comments for improvements. Still needs some polishing in places before I record it with video later.

I also found, or stumbled upon more likely, that I seemed to play and record better by lowering the guitar volume and letting the backing drive me. Perhaps I am listening to what I am playing too much instead of listening to how the backing is moving and it affects my timing. Too much attention on the sound of my lines while I'm playing perhaps.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/broomtest2

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 10 2016, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 10 2016, 11:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 9 2016, 05:38 PM) *
Like this...?

Yes Beat! That's a great add to the backing smile.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Mar 9 2016, 07:32 PM) *
Killer BT, Darius! I'm in!

Wow! Piotr that's more than great! smile.gif

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Mar 10 2016, 12:45 AM) *
Been working on changes to my collab piece. Figure I'd submit it for comments for improvements. Still needs some polishing in places before I record it with video later.

I also found, or stumbled upon more likely, that I seemed to play and record better by lowering the guitar volume and letting the backing drive me. Perhaps I am listening to what I am playing too much instead of listening to how the backing is moving and it affects my timing. Too much attention on the sound of my lines while I'm playing perhaps.

https://soundcloud.com/shallowlines/broomtest2

You've removed the notes that were creating confusion - that's great. about the backing track it's exactly the same i feel while recording. I prefer my guitar to be digged into the backing and yes - it does affect the timming in a good way smile.gif Well done. I would only suggest to make sure about the intonation. At some parts is goes slightly offt he pitch. Maybe too much finger pressure, scale adjustment or tuning method to be fixed.

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 10 2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah I didn't retune before laying it down. I thought about it but I didn't. Although in certain sections, like the slide up I am pushing it a wee bit sharp on purpose. Maybe to much or combined with tuning drift after a few days of playing.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 10 2016, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Sure! I usually don't bother about having perfect pitch while I records just a sketch of the solo but then I really give some time to recheck the tuning (on higher frets too) we all know that guitars do not have perfect intonation se we need to compromise.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 10 2016, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 10 2016, 11:42 AM) *
Yes Beat! That's a great add to the backing smile.gif

I'm going to record some Acoustic too!
Hopefully over the weekend.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Procyon
Mar 11 2016, 10:51 PM
This is my idea so far - I am still working on it... so please ignore the mistakes rolleyes.gif
Gotta take a break now, my fingers hurt dry.gif
Is it too crowded?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  NightWitchBroom_ProcyDraft.wav ( 11.25MB ) Number of downloads: 134

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 12 2016, 12:02 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Procyon @ Mar 11 2016, 09:51 PM) *
This is my idea so far - I am still working on it... so please ignore the mistakes rolleyes.gif
Gotta take a break now, my fingers hurt dry.gif
Is it too crowded?

Damn dude! I wish that was my take! ohmy.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Mar 12 2016, 05:50 PM
Procyon. Those are some great ideas. I like the on the edge quality, dynamics, and melodic content.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Mar 12 2016, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 13 2016, 02:01 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Well, here is what I came up with. Thanks darius for the awesome BT. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2016, 04:02 AM
Nice one! Is that a blue version of the retro? Do you have the red one too? Love to have one at some point. It's on my "to get" list. It's a long list.

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 12 2016, 08:01 PM) *
Well, here is what I came up with. Thanks darius for the awesome BT. cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 13 2016, 04:33 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 13 2016, 03:02 AM) *
Nice one! Is that a blue version of the retro? Do you have the red one too? Love to have one at some point. It's on my "to get" list. It's a long list.

Todd

Thanks Todd smile.gif Yes, it's the retro RG 535. I just love anything Wizard I neck. So fun to play. I had a "dirty" neck RG 550 years ago. The Rg XXV is Indonesian made but they knocked it out of the park and the Dimarzzio pickups are wonderful. Don't hesitate to grab one man, they are amazing.. way better than the original RG 550 that I had.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:44 PM