2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Free Online Course
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2013, 03:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Mar 5 2013, 11:27 AM) *
Well, I've just started, so Pat first sent all the students a list of the songs they should have and a list of the books he recommended (I only got "Writing Better Lyrics" book, but its pretty good). This is the list of songs he wanted us to get so we could analyse them:

And in the first lesson, he taught us:
(1) how to tell a story in a song (answer the "what", the "to whom" and the "why" of the story).

(2) what are the fundamental points of view of telling the story in a song (third person, second person, first person and direct address).

(3) using boxes as a development engine to make your story progress, or divide your song in stages (so that you don't say everything at once: keep your audience in suspense and keep them interested).

(4) answering your six "best friends" to make the setting of your song (what, why, who, how, when and where).

(5) the basic parts of a song, called song form (verse, chorus, pre chorus, bridge)

(6) and the importance of the chorus (how it should be different from the rest of the song to make that impact on your audience)

That's great stuff Sam! Thanks for sharing this info with us. I'm not the one who writes the lyrics in my band but this process seems very logical and effective for doing that. I noticed that Cosmin wrote all lyrics in Days of Confusion new. I wonder how his process is...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 5 2013, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
That's what I thought too, it makes so much sense. And Pat is a funny man, he tends to make jokes now and then so the lecture doesn't get boring at all biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 5 2013, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm doing this course too. It may seem like basic stuff, but like everything we do, the fundamentals are really important.
I'm enjoying it so far and have definitely learned from it, Im curious to see how the rest of it will be.
And like Samuel said, the guys got an interesting scene of humor. Really puts his style of showmanship into his teaching.

+Quote Post
Socky42
Mar 5 2013, 08:30 PM
What are the assignments like?

And does anything happen if you just decide to stop doing the course?

This post has been edited by Socky42: Mar 5 2013, 08:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 6 2013, 11:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Mar 5 2013, 08:30 PM) *

Not sure about the assignment yet. Haven't got that far tongue.gif I'll let you know

Being a free course, Im pretty sure you can walk away any time.

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Mar 6 2013, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 6 2013, 08:30 PM
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Mar 5 2013, 07:30 PM) *

Its like a real class, you get to discuss with your class fellows at the forum too. The assignments are stuff that you do right there on the website (like write stuff you're told to do) and then submit or save it right there on the website. There is a due date for every assignment.

Nothing happens; if you want to walk away, go to the page showing the courses you are enrolled in and just click "Un-enroll" to stop attending the class.

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:38 AM