Is This An Amazing Chorus Of Slowed-down Crickets
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I found this article at facebook some days ago and I was amazed. It talked about a music composer called Jim Wilson, who took the sound of crickets and slowed it down. The results were an amazing sound that is very close to an angelical chorus.

You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/acornavi/robert-wilson-crickets-audio

However, I found a new article in which is explained that there is also a human voice there, check it out:

"So yes, you are listening to two cricket tracks: crickets at normal speed (in Jim Wilson’s backyard), crickets slowed down with the pitch dropped (by Wilson and possibly Robbie Robertson), but it’s also accompanied by Bonnie Jo Hunt‘s beautiful, human singing. Still beautiful, still fascinating, but not just crickets alone!
And that’s an amazing sound that deserves to go viral, but please be aware that not everything you read on the internet is what it’s advertised to be!"

Full article: LINK

So.. is this fake? is this 50% fake? or what? By the way, I still like the track and the idea of inviting crickets to sing on a song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 29 2013, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Ha ha biggrin.gif Found this a few days ago smile.gif Impressive. Nature will surprise us more often smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2013, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 29 2013, 07:42 PM) *
Ha ha biggrin.gif Found this a few days ago smile.gif Impressive. Nature will surprise us more often smile.gif

yeah, it's so awesome to find things like this one. We should experiment even more with nature sounds.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 2 2013, 06:07 PM
Learning Roadie
This is the biggest hoax ever. biggrin.gif Just think about it. It's all different notes but the crickets do not produce that kind of sound.

Here's a guy who disproved this:

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 2 2013, 06:21 PM
GMC:er
Sounds pretty cool, but yeah just a hoax... which they lied about. I would actually like it, if it wasn't for that fact, that they claim it as something it's not.

What next, mermaids discovered on camera (Mermaid Hoax), aliens/ufos mistaken from the US governments own illegal stealth drones spying on other countries (till shot down - this has been going on for years). Or the biggest and best hoax in the world which people still follow regardlessly - the Piltdown Man (ape-man), badly gluing together a jaw an Ape with that of a 500 year old humans skull to prove us humans are nothing but monkeys dated by actual scientists to be as old as 500,000+ years ago (accepted and unquestioned for over 50 years, and to date evolved into other faiths which people base their entire life upon). Just to go how far humans will go for a bit of fame, control and cash.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 2 2013, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 10:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Dec 2 2013, 02:07 PM) *
This is the biggest hoax ever. biggrin.gif Just think about it. It's all different notes but the crickets do not produce that kind of sound.

Here's a guy who disproved this:

So the first post is even faker than I thought... ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 3 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Now I'm not sure which version I like most tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:53 PM