> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7.8, Pass) Rhythm Figures Workout, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

JTaylor
Jan 8 2012, 01:11 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Original lesson: Rhythm Figures Workout by Stephane Lucarelli

Hey guys! I bypassed my effects on this video because even the tiniest bit of chorus gave a serious delay (not sure why). I played it with the lesson many times and sounded dead on but when I listened to the recording, the timing sounds off to me. I'll leave it up to you to decide. So anyway, here goes....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2012, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Very good effort, you are digging the timing well, and your picking is coming along nice. Still you need to polish this up on much slower tempo. Remember, those pauses between the notes should be barely audible, should should play it note to note literally. Picking hand motion is coming along nicely, still need some more precision/strength with the fretting hand. Keep at it, it will be great. Also, try to make all the notes you play sound equally loud and nice (all this is being polished on slow tempos).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jan 8 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
There are different ways to learn and internalize rhythmic figures. First you can sing the rhythm or/and tape it with your hands, always with the help of a metronome! Focus on one rhythm during maybe 3/5 minutes...
Then choose one note and play the same figure on your guitar (with the metronome).And so on...
Then you can apply the rhythm to any scale.
Try to hear the 16th notes in your head...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 9 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
Hi Jon ! Definitely hearing and seeing improvements from you smile.gif

As Ivan suggested, working on the efficiency of your fretting hand movements will work wonders. I've been doing a lot of my own research lately and it's amazing how much of our rhythm sense and accuracy is dictated by our fretting hands. Most of us have always concentrated on our picking hand as being the 'driving' hand but when you reverse the roles you'll be surprised at how much more fluid and relaxed you can be when you focus on the fretting hand being dead on the beat, in time. Once you've internalized the basic motions of alternate picking, you can zoom you focus out and let it get on with the job.. instead focus on the left hand and you'll be surprised at how well they will synch together smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2012, 05:01 PM
Instructor
To conclude, I agree with the guys and suggest a little bit more practice on this one, as 'the devil is in the details' they say biggrin.gif you are definitely making improvements but there's still some work to do regarding timing.

Keep it up mate! You are a very ambitious fellow and your type of people ALWAYS find their way!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 9 2012, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Nice try, I would advise you to lay down tempo a bit ,to be precise in picking !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 03:55 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.8 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:10 AM