> Test Majesty, Ltd, Hx Fx...
Mertay
post Jan 27 2019, 06:27 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Friend called and said there were awesome musicman guitars in a store we regularly meet at.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/static.m....png?1484682880

I was surprised how smaller the guitar was compared to watching demo's on youtube. The Piezo sound was flawless, the PU on clean sounded very flat (warm, but flat) on distortion though they become alive surprisingly. Weight was low but sustain again longer than expected. Quality was really high, I mean even the inlays I couldn't feel the usual gap between fretboard wood and the inlay itself. Felt comfy but not a versatile type character on its sound, maybe because of the piezo blend option they voiced the pickups that way but thats why liked but not loved.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0687/7043...eg?v=1539346345

An expensive version of the HSS luke model. After the majesty, felt extremely versatile tone-wise. Had a bigger feel to both neck and body, I'd say not as comfortable but give a very familiar feel to any traditional type guitar player.

We tested this from the input of a Laney Cub amp (very affordable tube amp). Obviously not every fx was tested but we liked the OD's if the amp had slight drive to it, when completely clean was too obvious being a digital drive. All the fx sounded nice, very good actually for its price and I didn't know it could load ir cab.s too.

Also a new store opened and they had many low to mid priced LTD's. They were fine I guess for the price but the floyds scare me at low price ranges also I think the necks are thicker compared to more expensive models (but its been a while since I played an expensive ESP). Was kind of interesting that EC-256 felt miles better than the rest of the models being at the same price. I didn't play only hold in my hands to observe closely and visually look almost too good for the price.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 03:12 PM