Namm14, New stuff from LA
lothomer
Jan 25 2014, 05:28 PM
GMC:er
Hello there gearbuddies, just did some walkarounds at NAMM, took a lot of picture. Let me share some of those to you. Any special request on gear, i try to find it to give you more information.

Unfortuntey im figuring out, that its taking a long time to upload pictures from ipad to gmc server. Will do most of them on monday after return. Any gear request?

Lets start up with a dear friend of mine, Mike Lipe, whos guitars im playing and endorsing. Mike Lipe is the master luthier that run the Ibanez Customshop in LA years ago. As far as you were not a superstar, you possibly never get the chance to buy one of his guitars. Since a couple of years Mike is building custom instruments under his own brand and name. They are entirely handmade, no cnc cut. Todd Simpson called him once in a email "Mike is god". For more detail, check out his webpage www.lipeguitars.com

Some more sample of Lipeguitars: Shown is modell Virtuoso with a mangowood top. You may search Facebook Lipeguitars to find out some more details on those guitars at NAMM14

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lothomer: Jan 25 2014, 05:24 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Never too old to rock!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
klasaine
Jan 25 2014, 06:05 PM
This is the most exciting thing in guitar news that I saw yesterday ...
Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 25 2014, 07:07 PM
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2014, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Beautiful guitars! I'm surfing his website and his work is killer! I would really like to see more pics from Namm! What about using paint or any other soft to make your pics smaller? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 25 2014, 10:20 PM
I'm very sceptical to such new approaches (and all failed till now) but this one is very clever, no battery or soldering smile.gif

Jason Becker pups!

This Framus looks cool cool.gif

Nice Gibsons cool.gif

ESP/LTD Booth cool.gif

I'm developing a liking towards Epiphone for a while now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 25 2014, 11:02 PM
Wow I want that purple Framus. Got to wait until March though

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2014, 01:51 PM
Instructor
It's like a musical Disney Land tongue.gif But yes...those "woman body part" guitars had to be something new biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 29 2014, 08:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Most exciting thing I've seen so far

This thing just makes sense and is what so many guitarists want

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2014, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Exactly as Darius said - It's Candyland with gear and artists on the cone biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lothomer
Jan 30 2014, 12:27 AM
So here i'm back finally. Had some trouble uploading pictures from my Hotel in LA - sorry for that.
Thanks for all the adds and movies from NAMM. NAMM Show is definetivly like a big candystore for musicans, felt like a kid short before chirstmas. A lot of new interesting stuff to see and try out. Also a lot of my personal guitar heros were present, doing showcases, there was plenty of time to have a picture with them and some smalltalk. Those of you using ipad's and iphone's: Try out the Namm14 app. Links to all exhibitors are included. Nice and very usefull app!

I try to upload some more pictures from the Lipe-Guitar booth and some other cool guitars immediately:

Here we continue with some more Guitars from the Lipeguitar Booth:

Here we have a Lipe Virtuoso with a Equatorial Mahagonybody and a Mangotop, it will be available soon at a guitarstore in Switzerland (Guitar Repairs Winkler):
Attached Image

My personally new guitar: Lipe Ivo: Equatorial Mahagony Body, Myrtlewood Top, Roasted Mapleneck with Cocobolo Fingerboard. Sounds great and very lightweight Body:
Attached Image

Next is a Lipe Soldato. Soon available at a store in Switzerland (Guitar Repairs Winkler). Intesting switching system with 5 way Superswitch und Push/Toggle Tonpod. Sounds from Strat to Telly all included. Killer guitar:
Attached Image

Here we have another Lipe Ivo with a awesome figured Mapletop Rosewood neck.
Attached Image

If you get a chance to try some of those Lipe's - just do it!

Lets jump over to the ESP Customshop Booth. Some stuff that i've never seen before. Gorgeous craftsmanship:

Ever wanted to have a showcase guitar? Lets have a look to Minarik Guitars - Crazy stuff:

Funstuff at NAMM:

Think about your wife or girlfriend if she makes trouble cause of buying a new guitar. Make a present to her like this:

Attached Image

or like this:

Attached Image

This post has been edited by lothomer: Jan 30 2014, 12:06 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Never too old to rock!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2014, 08:53 AM
Instructor
A bit too much for me smile.gif All those weird shapes are more for the eyes, as I really think they are not so easy to harness once you need to get out there and play a 2 hrs show onstage - what do you guys think?

+Quote Post
lothomer
Jan 30 2014, 07:29 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 30 2014, 08:53 AM) *
A bit too much for me smile.gif All those weird shapes are more for the eyes, as I really think they are not so easy to harness once you need to get out there and play a 2 hrs show onstage - what do you guys think?

I don't want to play any of those weird shapes. You will hardly survive a 2hrs gig with those. Look to pictures in the other thread showing some more guitars from the ESP Customshopbooth. They're more like a sculpture, something to collect and display on your wall, nice gimmick is that you still can play guitar on it. Anyway it was still nice to see that crazy stuff

--------------------
Never too old to rock!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2014, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lothomer @ Jan 30 2014, 06:29 PM) *
I don't want to play any of those weird shapes. You will hardly survive a 2hrs gig with those. Look to pictures in the other thread showing some more guitars from the ESP Customshopbooth. They're more like a sculpture, something to collect and display on your wall, nice gimmick is that you still can play guitar on it. Anyway it was still nice to see that crazy stuff

Man, it might sounds weird but since I am a minimalist - I would not even find a reason to own such things, be it only for display laugh.gif A guitar is a guitar and it should be a guitar... Does that make any sense? biggrin.gif Well, I am sure there's a lot of folks out there finding them attractive so, who am I to judge?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2014, 03:55 AM
I can speak to that smile.gif i used to own the MINARIK INFERNO which is the minarik that looks like its made of flame shapes in that picture. Mine was black. it looked killer!! Everyone wanted to try it. After about 10 minutes, they were done. It weighed too much, it's top was flat as a board so it hurt your arm a bit play on it for very long. The tail was so long it would hit things when you spun around.

It looked great, but yeah, it was a bit impractical smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 30 2014, 02:53 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2014, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 1 2014, 02:55 AM) *
I can speak to that smile.gif i used to own the MINARIK INFERNO which is the minarik that looks like its made of flame shapes in that picture. Mine was black. it looked killer!! Everyone wanted to try it. After about 10 minutes, they were done. It weighed too much, it's top was flat as a board so it hurt your arm a bit play on it for very long. The tail was so long it would hit things when you spun around.

It looked great, but yeah, it was a bit impractical smile.gif

Todd

biggrin.gif I remember hitting things a lot when I was living in my mom and dads apartment - my room seemed so so small in respect to the Ibanez K7. It was a bit fun thinking that 'hey, it's bigger because it's a 7 string' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
NPB1979
Feb 21 2014, 05:17 PM
My old guitar teacher was manning the Hughes & Kettner booth. Dennis Shepherd
http://youtu.be/Q63EyP_wo2I

http://youtu.be/TPHdYUIU-co

This post has been edited by NPB1979: Feb 21 2014, 05:32 PM

--------------------
As me about my Michigan-based handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups. Est. 2010 - I wind more for hobby and not for profit. I do pickup winding, rewinding, and some vintage repair as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:12 PM